Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

JohnnyGato's build.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!
JohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JohnnyGato's Tacoma Gallery
JohnnyGato's build.

Ok, I finally decided to start a thread on my slow ass build. I have an 04 4x4 SR5 Tacoma that I will change over soon. I've had it since Jan. 05 and kept her stock until I got on this site. Much thanks to my buddies Murdered Out Taco and socal16 for their continuous help and advice!!!

As she sits today:

The total stock pic.

Before Wet Okole

After Wet Okole

We then shaved off all the 1st gen shiny badges at Murdered Out Taco's garage! (I'm in the red shirt.)

Diego (socal16) helping out! Thanks bro!!!

Daniel (Murdered Out Taco) busting out on the paint! Thanks dude!!!

And now the clean results!

Replaced the side badges with 2nd gen in black.

I always wanted more color in the interior (hence the Wet Okole's seen previously) so I masked and painted the tweeter speaker covers. I'd like to pull the door panels off and paint the larger covers and replace the boring grey felt material with black neoprene like the Wet Okole's. Hopefully that will come soon.

That's sorta it for now. Soon to come is a 3" lift with 33" tires and wheels in black. Probably BFG AT's. I'll also add a black billet grille with a nice skull emblem replacing the Toyota symbol that MetalMiller made for me. Oh, and Weathertech's in black will be coming soon. Thanks for checking my build out. More to come as it happens!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
BUDDHApower
tacomabuddha is on a distinguished road

tacomabuddha's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!! Keep us updated.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great. Did the wet okoles come with a cover for the center console.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Build page J Looking Good I Bet Some Cool Mother Trucker Did The 2nd Gen Bagdes For You! HAHA I Can Email You The Pics I Took Of The Debadging For The Build Page!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
s2studio is on a distinguished road

s2studio's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, diggin the seats man!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! what did you use to paint your tweeters? Im thinking about doing the same.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
JohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I used Rust-Oleum Specialty Plastic black spray paint. I masked the hell out of the covers and also tried not to paint in the grooves between the edges and the actual speaker area with holes. Make sure you leave enough masking tape to cover that. It bled in there a little and I cleaned with a little nail polish dabbed on q-tips.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
What up with the new sig j you want those pics
Old 04-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #9

Hell yeah bro! New sig coming VERY soon. Working on it right now. I'm a little rusty in Photoshop!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwild View Post
Truck looks great. Did the wet okoles come with a cover for the center console.
That woulda been an extra $20.00 which I didn't opt for at the time.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #11

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGato View Post
That woulda been an extra $20.00 which I didn't opt for at the time.
Hey you need to make me a new sig your good!
Old 04-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #12

Thanks dude. I worked on that today. My brother who is a Photoshop junkie helped with the lettering/font and glow effects!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #14

Thanks! Can't wait to do MORE!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #15

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
That guy murdered has some nice hair! haha looks good
Old 04-18-2010, 07:10 AM   #16
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
man those bages came out great!! but whos that women with the black shirt on jason?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #17

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
man those bages came out great!! but whos that women with the black shirt on jason?
I got your women right here bitch!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #19
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Should have left all the badges off. Looks good.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #20

I like the 2nd gen badges. I'll be adding an SR5 V6 to the back gate soon.