1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dhurley's Build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by dhurley, May 9, 2010.

1. Oct 4, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    dhurley

dhurley [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    ^ It's been fine. I didn't want anything real loud on my truck. This has just enough tone for me, besides a little pick up in the butt dyno. I had a muffler shop cut out my old one and they welded in the new one all for $30.

2. Apr 1, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    dhurley

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    I did the rear diff breather mod today. Pretty easy & nice to know water shouldn't be an issue now. Before installing the union on the top of the pumpkin, I decided to see if it would fit on my '81 truck. Perfect fit. Now I'll have to get 2 more to do both the front & rear diff's on that truck. The hole above the breather in the 3rd pic is where I wanted to put it, but the fuel door wouldn't snap shut, so I moved it down.

100_1579_1.jpg
    100_1581_1.jpg
    100_1582_1.jpg

3. Apr 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM
    tacomazach

tacomazach Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4
    Here is where I put mine and I don't have any problem with the door shutting.
    IMAG0144_2d44354d4e73baffbfc0ea52121931219576e4da.jpg

Also could you educate me on the blue plug mod? I did a quick search but it didn't turn up anything. Is there a write up around here somewhere? thanks man

4. Apr 2, 2011 at 11:08 PM
    dhurley

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    Here's the write up I had found on it. Good luck.
    The "2LO" Mod

http://www.nwtoys.com

The 2LO mod enables those of us with the Toyota Push Button Four Wheel Drive to shift into low range on the transfer case without actually engaging the front axles. Two Low can be handy when attempting a multi-point turn in Four Low, when descending a long, steep stretch where low range is desirable but 4wd is not required and sometimes when ascending a steep slope. It's one more layer of versatility for your truck.
    [​IMG]
    The Tacoma Push Button Four Wheel Drive Button

[​IMG]
    Image of Blue Plug before the Mod.

[​IMG]
    Simply disconnect the Pale Blue Plug on the the drivers side of the transfer case.

[​IMG]

Operation is simple. Pressing the "4WD" button the transfer case shifter always engages the front drive shafts, regardless of the position of the shifter itself. Press the button with the shifter in the 2HI position for 4HI. Press the button and shift into 4LO for 4LO. For 2LO, shift the lever into the 4LO position, but do not press the button. Or, simply "un-press" the button when you are already in 4LO.
    All that the two wires in that plug do, is to engage the front differential when you shift the transfer case into 4LO.

5. Apr 3, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    tacomazach

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4
    Wow. Easy enough. haha. might take all of two minutes. Cool mod!

6. Apr 3, 2011 at 2:55 PM
    tacomazach

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    01 doublecab 4x4
    also, how do the dash lights work with this mod? when shifting to 2low is the 4wd light on?

Products Discussed in

To Top