Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Ryan's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
98fourbangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ryan's Build

I am 15 years old and my dad bought me a 1998 4wd ext cab tacoma when i was about 14.5, when we bought it it had ben backed into on the drivers side bedside. My dad owns a body shop so he promised me we would fix it before i got my permit, so we painted the whole bed. It had those ugly tear drop style factory wheels on it so the frist thing i did was find a nice set of the factory six spoke wheels but i was still running 235, road tread, pizza cutter tires. Latter on i sold my tire to my grandpa and got some 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx mud tires, i drove it around for about a month after buying the tires and then bought and installed a daystar 2.5in suspension lift. I plan to make me some front recovery hooks/shackle mounts like the ones pictured that i found from another sight, do the deckplate mod, and install a detroit truetrac limited slip in the rear
Attached Thumbnails
Ryan's Build-getattachmentlgcjgc.jpg   Ryan's Build-getattachmentjadskfjas.jpg   Ryan's Build-getattachment-3-.jpg   Ryan's Build-taco-all-washed-waxed.jpg   Ryan's Build-gjgjghoix.jpg  

Ryan's Build-recoverypoints7.jpg  
Old 05-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
very nice,moar.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Nice taco man! Wish my first ride would've been that nice.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
make sure to take care of the truck and not to forget about pops either!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. You dont have to buy or biult new ones. I boght 7/8 shackles and they slide right threw the stock hooks. Im not sure if yours are the same or not but its worth taking a look at. I dont have any pics but i will try and get some.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed98fourbangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks everybody for the coments about the truck, ive just been a member for 2 days, we searched around for ever till i found the one i wanted, 4wd 4 banger 5 speed with 60k miles, i would like to see some pics if you get the chance mwild, thanks
Old 05-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
Nice taco man! Wish my first ride would've been that nice.
x2

Really nice truck.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98fourbangertaco View Post
I just looked at your build mwild, sweet truck too, how much did the deckplate mod help on power and mpgs?

Thanks. It helped the throttle responce more than anything and it sounds like CAI. It doesnt really help with power or MPGs or at least not enoufe to notice. It gives a few more HP but its way up in the RPMs.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #11
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I know what it feels like i just turned 16 and got my 99. Im planning on doing the deck plate mod this weekend and am also curious how much of a gain i will get. Good luck with all the mods!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #12

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Check my build thread i just posted a few pics of the shackle mounts.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
When I did the deck plate mod, I noticed quite a difference in both sound and power above 2k RPM. It sounds like a beast! lol.

I do have a V6 though.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #14
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
mwild did you mess with the sensors when you did the deck plate mod? I have heard of people taking them out and just taping up the holes or something like that?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #15

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
No i didnt do anything with the sensors. Just make sure you use sensor safe silicone and let it dry over night before you drive or i can srew up the sensor.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #16
You're my boy blue

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the tip. Hope it turns out out alright
Old 05-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #17

Thanks mwild for posting those new pics, i went an looked at mine and i has those mounts already there too, sweet!, i think im just goin to try and make some kind of spacer to put between the frame and the mounts so that the shackles will hang down far enough that if somebody gives me a tugg up a hill the chain/strap wont eat up my bumper
Old 05-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
Toyota FTW
2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about2000yota has a spectacular aura about

Name: Garrett
2000yota's Tacoma Gallery
Well i thot i was the only one on here.. im 16 good to see other ppl my age on here i got a 00 4banger 4x4 dont care what anybody says they aint slow! ha like the truck man

Products Discussed in this Thread