Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Leadgolem's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #61
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainesDeuce View Post
Nice man. looks good with everything you've done with it. I'm here in Littleton as well with a black 98 4x4 v6 .. so if i see you around i'll show you some 'taco respect'
Thanks. I work at dish, and I know there are at least 3 other 1st gens that park in the same lot I do.

Oh, and welcome to TW.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #62
RainesDeuce is on a distinguished road
RainesDeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Haha. No way. Its funny cuz my brother and I both work there as well and we both have first gens
Old 11-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #63
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok, there are two I've gotten decent looks at. 1 black v6 sr5, looks like professionally sprayed in bed liner. Silver trim on the wheel wells, larger then stock tires. Probably 31x10.5. The red one is pretty much the same, don't remember if it's also a v6 sr5. I think it is though. Usually parked in the lot we can use closest to the north entrance.

If that's you and your brother, then I've seen your trucks. I usually park farther back, against the concrete block wall.

EDIT: At the moment I've got a really ricey stainless steel guard on my tailgate. It'll be getting coated in bedliner so it matches. I just don't want to do it until it's warmer.... My mods are probably "frozen" until spring.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #64
RainesDeuce is on a distinguished road
RainesDeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. My brother and I both have black sr5s .. his has the bed liner. So it was probably his you saw. We both park in the upper lot on the north side. I have a few mods I would like to do until spring. Mostly get the bumpers painted black and a few emblem mods .. hopefully I can find a warm day soon.

Sent from my HTC Vision/G2
Old 12-18-2010, 04:36 AM   #65

Here's the emblem I'm planning on using after I do my satoshi. I wasn't going to do a satoshi at all, but the customer emblem is cool enough to be worth the work.

As it came from metalmiller

After I worked on it with some 150 grit sandpaper for about an hour.

This is taking forever, so I think I'll try the power sander on it tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Leadgolem's Build-emblem1.jpg   Leadgolem's Build-emblem2.jpg  
Old 12-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #66

Installed my emblem from metalmiller.

Rough sanded and sealed. I was going to sand and polish, but the subject matter works better a little rough.

On my grill

Back on my truck

IMO, the lines are to busy with the plastic lines from the original emblem under it. Not bad, but will be better on a satoshi.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #67

Started installing my ome 881 coils today. My camera finally died taking pictures of the lunar eclipse, so no pics.

Thought I'd post a couple I took with my phone in my work parking lot though.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #68

I completed the 881 coil install yesterday. Billies set to 0.

Front passenger: 37 1/2"
Front driver: 37 3/4"
Old 01-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #69
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the helper springs? Do you think that they would work with 3" shackles?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #70

They should work with any length shackles, as long as you either tuck the exhaust over the coil spring, or hack it off like I did. I like them. They do stiffen the rear though. I actually wanted that so my trucks but wouldn't be so far down when I've got a load in the bed.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:39 AM   #71

I've been running the 881 springs for a while now. They have softened a bit. Still plenty firm so I won't scrape pulling into a driveway anymore. The ride is actually very nice. Though stiffer then stock.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #72
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
I completed the 881 coil install yesterday. Billies set to 0.

Front passenger: 37 1/2"
Front driver: 37 3/4"

do you get any driver side lean with the 881? your setup is just the 5100 and 881? just wondering because i have the same setup but my driver side is leaning far more and even though i bought the 1/4 tp its still leaning.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #73

Sorry, I've been offline for a while.

My setup is just the 5100's set at 0 and the 881 coils. No extra spacers etc.

EDIT: I did replace the topnut washers and bushings. Might be a good idea to check and see if yours are falling apart if you haven't gotten new ones yet.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #74
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
Started installing my ome 881 coils today. My camera finally died taking pictures of the lunar eclipse, so no pics.

Thought I'd post a couple I took with my phone in my work parking lot though.

4 1st gens for the win!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:50 AM   #75

Hmm, I appear to have used the wrong paint on my hood. The clear coat is crazed, yellowed and flaking off now. At least mother nature is doing a good job of stripping it off. When it's mostly gone I'll repaint the entire hood, or maybe replace it with something lighter if I have the money. IE: fiberglass or carbon fiber.

After much observation, I've determined that I get better performance with a full tank of gas. It no longer matters what octane I've got in the tank. So the removal of carbon deposits with the seafoam was successful. Though I may need to look at my fuel filter and/or my fuel pump if how much fuel I've got in the tank is making a real difference. That probably has more to do with the relative pressure of the fuel intake line between a full and empty tank.

When I changed my oil the last time I used a 0w-20. My baby liked that. I've got a noticeable increase in torque. IE: I've got around a 400 rpm reduction in the same gear and at the same speed. Acceleration seems to be better. Though I could be fooling myself a bit, since this is right after an oil changes, so the the viscosity is significantly lower. In addition to the difference between the 0w-30 I used with my last oil change.

When it all comes to it, I'd really like the v6 with the supercharger. Though I probably get in less trouble with my 4 cylinder. I love my baby, though I could wish she had more guts. I've thought about a turbo charger, but I'm not sure the expense would be justified without the displacement of the v6, or even the v8 from a tundra....

Products Discussed in this Thread