Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Zach's slow LT tacoma build

Old 05-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Zach's slow LT tacoma build

I am in the process of building my LT tacoma. It's a slow process but it's making progress slowly... I decided the best things to do is buy all the small accessories such as the TC gussets, TC urethane bushing kit, TC 1" diff drop spacer, etc.

The steering rack bushing kit is something I installed myself. Gosh, that was a pain in the butt to install!

Then I got my fiberglass fenders from Glassworks. These are the 4.5" flare, 3" rise.

Soon after I got the fiber glass fenders put on I bought the Camburg LT kit and the Icon resi CO's.

I am installing the kit on the 5th of June. Wish me luck!
Had also done a rear axle swap from the 8.4 to an 8.0 TRD rear axle with 4.10 gears.

More to come! Will post pic of the truck when I get the kit installed!

06/05/10
We did not finish the install sadly... Only finished one side. We had run into a few problems such as the passengers LCA sleeve was seized pretty bad. Probably spent a few hours trying to get the seized sleeve out from the LCA arm holes. Also the drivers side tie rod took awhile to punch out. Have to be replaced with a new tie rod. I had also bought new sleeves for the LCA since we had to cut the old ones to get the LCA off the truck. Will get the tacoma done by Monday or Tuesday. I get the right parts on Monday and my buddy is going to be busy as heck this next week.

This was the tie rod that was giving us some trouble. Good thing we got it loose!

This was the lower arms that was giving us trouble.

While my buddy was dismantling a few parts, I was putting the new UCA's together.

Had a shop press which was nice.

Finally got one side finished!
Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it's gonna be awesome. Lookin forward to seeing pics
Old 06-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Installing the kit tomorrow morning, wish me luck!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
good luck
Old 06-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
cant wait to see it!!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
mee too
Old 06-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #9

Look on the first page and you will see how much my friend and I accomplished. We are not quite done yet.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
So far so good! That's pretty much going to be my setup right there, except on a 2nd gen.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #11
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Awsome man! looks really good. Good luck with finishing it up.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #12

Got the truck today. Still need to have the gussets welded to the spindles and the limit strap clevis welded. Probably get that stuff done this week or next week...

Poser lame pics I know. I will get better pics up soon!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #13
You're my boy blue

Firefighter:
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #14
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
looks dam good .
Old 06-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #15

Update: My tacoma is in the shop getting the limit straps welded on and TC gussets.

What kind of setup should I go with for the rear? I have a few options.

1. I could either go with a LT setup. I could go with 16" sway-away or king shocks through the bed with a small cage and spare tire setup in the rear.

2. Or go with a simple mid travel setup like OME Dakar leaf spring kit, deavers spring kit or AAL with Icon resi shocks.

I am wheeling the truck this July. My fam goes to Honeymon where there are thousands acres of sand dunes.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #17
BajaTaco96 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
BajaTaco96's Tacoma Gallery
How do your CV axles hold up to a LT kit?

I have a 1996 Tacoma that I would absolutely love to do a LT kit on it. Did you upgrade and run Tundra CVs or what? I have a 1" Diff drop on my truck with a 3" coil spring spacer and at times it seems like I still have a pretty severe angle when I'm playing offroad. I got plenty to jump around on near me, but I also trail ride pretty hard with some friends, so I'd need something to hold up to a little slow crawling over little stuff. Were you able to keep your 4wd or no?

AWESOME looking truck BTW, I love the way those LT kits look on the 1st gens.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #18
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
looks good but the pics are horrible.lol
Old 06-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #19
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #20
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Sick truck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaTaco96 View Post
How do your CV axles hold up to a LT kit?
Im pretty sure he's 2wd from the start