Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Madjik Man's laugh-at/with-him "build"

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #301
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDTaco View Post
Hey man, been checking out your build tonight.. Great work and hilarious writing. Definitely sub'd.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

It's been fun.

Haven't done anything to it since putting the new seats in but I do have a hitch sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #302
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not much but it's been so long since I've contributed to this thread...

...but I added a rear hitch so now I have a rear recovery point (and the ability to tow, if need be).

Kind of a PITA install since the torx bolts under the bumper were seized. 45acp ended up grinding them down, cutting shit up and welding the facking thing to my bumper.

And of course I got to spray paint it
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Im glad John didnt take that part of it away from you
Trust me, I ask a lot of dumb questions... and Jon's face/reaction is priceless.

But he literally asked the dumbest question of the two days...

"Do you have any spray paint?"

Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #305

I finally figured out who Jon will sound like when he gets to be an old man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scU3WE560Gc
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #306
Joerocker is on a distinguished road
Joerocker's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Eye Candy Tacoma!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #307
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Hello

How's the swap comin' along?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Hello

How's the swap comin' along?
On hold.

Money matters are preventing me from doing anything that is pure aesthetics at this point.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #309
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Ah I gotcha. I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Husky Liners. Saw that you were asking about it in the past. Have you ever gotten around to getting those?
Old 04-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Ah I gotcha. I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Husky Liners. Saw that you were asking about it in the past. Have you ever gotten around to getting those?
Not yet. No point. My 14 year old LL Bean mats are still in great shape.

But when I change out my interior carpet I will definitely be buying husky liners front and back.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #311
jm82 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jm82's Tacoma Gallery
Did you decide which suspension setup you're going with?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm82 View Post
Did you decide which suspension setup you're going with?
Yeah.

Eventually I'm going to go with OME all around. 881s up front.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #313
SteveFaust is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
SteveFaust's Tacoma Gallery
Wow Madjik Man great looking truck! Love the seats!! I have the same truck but 1995.5 and we hate the seats (60/40 split bench) at 174,000 miles not comfortable at all.

Not sure if I'm up for the track conversion on the Subby's but man they look good. Do you know if any other seats might be a direct swap in, like say the leather 4Runner buckets? How did you decide on the Subby seats for your swap?

I found a decent deal on an 01-04 center console so have it sitting in the garage waiting for a seat swap. Keep up the good work, and pass the spray paint :-)
Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #314

Thanks man.

Here's a thread about a guy who put leather 4runner seats in his: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-write-up.html

Here's a link I used to research my seat swap:

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=168

What made me end up going with the Forester XT seats is I meet up with Jace (another member here) and he had them in his Tacoma. Plus I had a Legacy GT (different but similar seats) and I really liked the feel of them. Not to mention I got a great deal on these seats and ended up selling mine for a lot more than I expected and in the end paid something like $35 difference between the two.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #315

With the topper off being repainted I took the time to clean the Line-X on my bed. I've never cleaned it in the 14 years I've owned it. Would hose it down eventually that's it.

But over time it's gotten heavily stained... some weird purple staining going on (have no idea what it is) along with the 14 years of dirt and crud getting imbedded in it.

Not to mention it has faded A LOT. I wasn't expecting it to go back to gloss black and brand new looking but I was looking to revive it.

Let me tell you... what a difference. I used Zep 505 (or whatever their Purple Power equivalent is) and a pressure washer I borrowed from a friend. I sprayed down the entire bed with a ridiculous amount of the degreaser... I emptied an entire bottle. Let it sit for a few minutes then pressure washed the entire bed. I was holding the nozzle about 2 or 3" away from the surface and I can literally see the color of the Line-X changing. And no, not from it just being wet... It was as if I was spray painting the bed black.

It's hard to tell the ultimate difference in these pics because I'm taking them with an iPhone in the blaring sun... but the last pic should show you the difference.

You can kinda see the weird purple staining I had all over the bed:

Before/After

Here's During/After. The tailgate is entirely wet. You can see I did the inner panel and how it compares to the outer edge. You can also see where I hit that outer edge and it looks like I spray painted it... during the whole process I would literally see that happening to the old/stained areas.

After I did that outer edge:

And here's the best way to see what my bed looked like before and after. This is it fully dry right now. You can see the spot where I missed (have to go fire up the pressure washer again ). The spot where I missed is what my entire bed looked like... now you can see what it looks like. I'm very happy with the results.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #316
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Impressive!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Impressive!
Thanks

I went back and touched up the few spots I missed, let it dry, resprayed it all with degreaser then pressure washed the whole thing again.

Looks brand new save for a few scratches (appear white).
Old 05-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #318
SteveFaust is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
SteveFaust's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #319
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Majik_Man, Thanks for inspiring me to continue the thing i love to do. I really like the Seats swap. But it may be alittle bit out of my expertise with cutting up stuff. But overall thanks for the thread...
Old 05-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFaust View Post
Looks great!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Blk_one View Post
Majik_Man, Thanks for inspiring me to continue the thing i love to do. I really like the Seats swap. But it may be alittle bit out of my expertise with cutting up stuff. But overall thanks for the thread...
lol, you're welcome.

Products Discussed in this Thread