Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: 4x4 Toyota Truck

Old 02-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: 4x4 Toyota Truck

I am looking for an older Toyota Pickup to build up into a crawler. I would like something close to home to check out and drive back after purchase. I live in Denver, Colorado. Joining States will be considered.
I am open to almost all years of trucks but not a huge fan of the 84-89 body style but will consider. I am open to 22R, 22RE or V6. Needs to be a 4x4. Any offroad add-ons like lower gears or lockers or solid front axle are a plus. Body damage is ok, roll-overs are still considered. Needs to be running ok.
Ultimately it will be a crawler #1 and secondary vehicle to get to work if daily driver is being worked on.

The main thing is that I want something for under $2.5k that has offroad items or under $1.5 for stock.

Thanks for helping my search
~Brian
Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 AM   #2
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
My '84 (22R, Solid Front axle) was tough as nails. As much as people laughed at its styling in the town, nobody laughed at its offroad performance. When I look at the film of James writing off his 2010 truck on a small jump, I just shake my head. In 3 years of hard offroading, I tore off both bumpers, but never even needed an alignment. The thing about these trucks is the frames rust just in front of the rear spring mount. Mine finally broke at that spot when I was jumping large speed bumps in a college parking lot (trying to impress girls ). Also note, the rear ends are really light- like to skid out under braking. If the box is removed/rusted off, you might want to add weight to the rear.
Good luck!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
here is one that i found in my area. pretty sure its a its a 22re. i have one just like it and it runs great. my sister keeps fucking up the rear diff by cranking on in off road. here it is.
http://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/2211374991.html
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
here is one that i found in my area. pretty sure its a its a 22re. i have one just like it and it runs great. my sister keeps fucking up the rear diff by cranking on in off road. here it is.
http://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/2211374991.html
The page was deleted by the Author. Sounds like it was already sold. Appreciate the help though. I am actively searching Craigslist Denver almost every day. I have sent lots of emails out with very few reply's.
The search continues.