Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

O.Z. Racing Wheels for Gen. 1 Tacoma

Old 02-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
DblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
O.Z. Racing Wheels for Gen. 1 Tacoma

***SOLD***

A Very Expensive Lesson Learned.

This odyssey began last summer with an innocent Craigslist ad from a neighboring state. I had been thinking about some black steel wheels for the Tacoma. I figured black powder coated aluminum wheels would be even better. After a quick run to Kansas I was the proud owner of four “new-to-me” aluminum Toyota wheels. Hindsight is 20/20 and it would have been a good idea to dry-fit the wheels on the Tacoma to see if they would really work. Needless to say, and the reason I am now writing this post… is that they did not.

The wheels have been professionally media blasted and powder coated in what I would call a satin black finish. It was supposed to have been flat black but turned out to have more of a sheen. The plastic center caps were sanded, sprayed with an adhesion promoter for plastic and then sprayed with a flat black rattle can. You can see differences in the finishes in the photos below.

The wheels were made for Toyota by O.Z Racing Wheels in Italy. I understand this was a rather expensive aftermarket wheel offered for the Generation 1 Tacomas at Toyota dealers. The wheels and plastic center caps have identification numbers that I presume are part numbers.

Stamped in the wheel – PT341-89010
Also stamped in the wheel - 7JX16H2
Molded in the center cap – PZ405-J0670-10
Also molded in the center cap – M566T.
Bolt pattern is 6 on 5.5.in

All four wheels are in very good condition with just a few marks from where the tire shop mounted tires on the wheels. Just moments before the discovery was made that this was not going to work. Due to larger front brake calipers and a larger diameter center hub these will NOT fit on Generation 2 Tacomas.

I’m asking $440.00 for the four wheels. If you think that I’m suffering from too many paint fumes, send me a reasonable offer and I will consider it. Paypal is preferred and I will consider shipping at the buyers expense.

Here are a few pictures:

dd
Old 02-25-2011, 02:57 AM   #3
Member1115 is on a distinguished road
Member1115's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DblD View Post
Also stamped in the wheel - 7JX16H2
According to the stamp they are 7Jx16, making them 16"

GLWS!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #4
DblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDblD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
what is the back spacing of these wheels. also are these 17" or 16"
OOPS
Yea, I guess that would be good information to include.

Wheels are 16 in.

Backspacing is 4 5/8th in.

Thanks,

dd
Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
so in other owrd they will rub more compared to stock wheels
Im not so sure I understand what this means.

I have no reason to believe that the wheels will rub anywhere on a Gen. 1 truck.

dd
Old 03-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
Price Reduction

Ive stubbed my toe on these things in the garage one too many times. They need to go. Price reduced to $300.00 o.b.o. Ill box up and ship but you pay the transport.

Any takers?
Any comments?

Thanks,

dd
Old 03-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
sweet rims glws!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
kstaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
kstaco's Tacoma Gallery
wheels

I sent you a PM
Old 04-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #10
Stlhorsecowboy66 is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN1 engineman
Name: Kevin
Stlhorsecowboy66's Tacoma Gallery
where are you located at. Did you find your black wheels. does anyone know what the back spacing on a set of stock 15"s is If you havent sold them soon I will be interested in them for my 96 taco. But i'm just coming off winter layoff.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #11
Christopher is on a distinguished road
Christopher's Tacoma Gallery
DD you got a message!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
LilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to behold

Coast Guard: Father's USCG
Name: Candice
LilRedYota's Tacoma Gallery
how much now?
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 AM   #13
Christopher is on a distinguished road
Christopher's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys these are sold so he told me per a PM yesterday.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #14
DblD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
hey guys these are sold so he told me per a PM yesterday.
Thanks Christopher.
Yes, Wheels have sold.
dd