Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WANTED: Dead or, well yeah, just mostly dead SPEAKERS

Old 04-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
WANTED: Dead or, well yeah, just mostly dead SPEAKERS

Looking for first gen speakers, i don't care if they work or have a 3" hole in the middle of them, i want to get all the speaker sizes available for 1st gens so i can start making speaker rings.

You guys hook me up, i'll hook you up

pm me please
Old 04-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
IamHimeros is on a distinguished road
IamHimeros's Tacoma Gallery
I've offered in another one of your threads before. I have front and rear out of an extended cab 2000. I do want to know how you are going to compensate for the front doors. Are you going to have a piece of wood to replace the entire plastic piece or one that screws onto the plastic piece?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i got some 10" sub i believe.. ill have to measure them out but i pulled them from my friends old truck and they are just sitting on my side yard
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHimeros View Post
I've offered in another one of your threads before. I have front and rear out of an extended cab 2000. I do want to know how you are going to compensate for the front doors. Are you going to have a piece of wood to replace the entire plastic piece or one that screws onto the plastic piece?
I'm a little confused on what your saying? I take the speaker and make an identical shape and bolt pattern and cut the center out of it to hold a speaker. Not sure what you mean about the plastic piece
Old 04-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
mikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nicemikracer is just really nice
mikracer's Tacoma Gallery
The plastic piece is the adapter the speaker screws in to. That plastic piece screws into the door.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
Its not an adapter plate issue...its the plastic piece that is the issue

http://ttspeaker.bfxmedia.com/

Old 04-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
So your saving you would want your adapter to be shaped as just the metal piece and not the entire piece?
Huh? I googled "2000 Tacoma door speakers" that was one of the first sites that had pictures. This was someone that I don't know who is giving instructions as to how to replace the speakers. "I" am asking you if you were offering to replace the entire plastic piece or trying to make a ring that would attach to the plastic piece. If you do just the ring, you will have additional vibration and rattling. I personally think that you if are planning on tackling this and want to offer a real good product, I would think that you would want the full piece of plastic and either mold your ring to fit around the plastic in a way that it wont cause unneeded rattling...or find a way to replace the entire plastic piece all together.

I would offer to send you my plastic, but I have already modified and reinforced it whenever I installed my aftermarket component set. If nothing is on the market by this summer, I will be fiberglassing a fix to install a better component system
Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #11
glsmaverick is on a distinguished road
glsmaverick's Tacoma Gallery
I have two plastic pieces that are all yours; and OEM door speakers from a 96 reg cab if you want them.

PM sent
Old 04-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
might be easier to find someone local with a 1st gen so that you can fit check everything and change the depth of the ring itself to maximize mounting depth. off the top of my head, I cannot remember the depth of the grill within the door panel (removable panel measurement from the back of the grill to where it would meet up with the door)