Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Thinking of buying a Black Front and Rear bumper

Old 04-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Desiel has a spectacular aura aboutDesiel has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kyle
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Thinking of buying a Black Front and Rear bumper

Thinking of buying a Black Front and Rear bumper for the 2001 SR5 Taco 4x4. I don't do any heavy 4 wheeling just mainly want it for looks. Any suggestions or anyone have one they want to sell in my general area?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... Plasti-Dip.

Black bumpers for $7 bucks.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
why plastidip? go for the permeant and rattle can it black and through some clear on top when your dont. do the mirrors and fender flares at the same time so they all match. plastidipping will peal off eventually.
In case he ends up not wanting them black down the road, or if he wants to sell it and peel it off for the chrome look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Yeah... Plasti-Dip.

Black bumpers for $7 bucks.
x2!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Will the Plasti Dip look good?

And how would you apply it, with the spray can?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino-line? And do the strip at the bottom on the bed and doors too.

Disclaimer- Sounds good in my head, might be a stupid idea though. I don't know shit.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Just looking to do the bumpers for now and believe I'm gonna take that ugly bug guard off the hood today lol
Old 04-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

And how would you apply it, with the spray can?

Today my friend is your lucky day. It just so happens I did a complete How-To on how to Plasti-Dip your bumper AND I have the same color truck as you so you can get an idea of how it looks. As mentioned above, it's super easy to apply and 100% reversible should you ever sell your truck down the road.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ur-bumper.html
Old 04-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiel View Post
On my truck:

Did this back in December.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Nice did you guys do the fender flares also? The flares pretty easy to take off?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #10

Haven't done the flares and I'm not sure if I am going to or not.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:38 AM   #11
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
My local Wally World or Auto Parts store have Plasti Dip?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Home Depot or Ace HArdware should have it. or a similar store
Old 04-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks for all the info... In the middle of selling my house and buying a new one so won't have time atm but I will do it when I get moved
Old 04-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #14
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Go big. Elite Off Road FTW!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #15
R.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Recon
Name: Ryan
R.etheridge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Today my friend is your lucky day. It just so happens I did a complete How-To on how to Plasti-Dip your bumper AND I have the same color truck as you so you can get an idea of how it looks. As mentioned above, it's super easy to apply and 100% reversible should you ever sell your truck down the road.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ur-bumper.html
how many cans will it take to do the front and back bumpers, 3-4 coats each?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #16

I used 1 can to do 4 coats on the rear and still had about 5% left so 2 cans should be enough.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #17
R.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shedR.etheridge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Recon
Name: Ryan
R.etheridge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used 1 can to do 4 coats on the rear and still had about 5% left so 2 cans should be enough.
awesome, I might tackle this project this weekend
Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #18
Desiel's Tacoma Gallery
I have my 1 can cuz that was all Lowe's had in-stock but I'll get another when I get moved (Juneish) and I'll be doing this on my bumper and then wheels possibly.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #19

Cool make sure you have a heat gun that will greatly improve the results. If you don't have one you can pick one up as cheap as $20 at any hardware store.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #20
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
dip it!