Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

For Sale: E-Locker 3rd Member

Old 05-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
For Sale: E-Locker 3rd Member

I have a factory E-locker for sale for 1st gens. It came out of a 2001 4 Runner with only 67k on the clock when it was wrecked. It has a 4.10 ratio and can be swapped into an open diff with a little modification (there are several guides I found when trying to do the swap in my truck but it WILL NOT fit 5-lug trucks). It was known to be functioning when it was taken off the donor 4 Runner.

Asking $475 plus shipping. You can also come pick it up locally if you're in the KC area. PM with offers

Thanks for looking!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
shipping to 95631?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Should be about $75 to there.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
Joe's Auto Detail
tacomacntry is on a distinguished road

tacomacntry's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomacntry
oh man do i want this!! does it come with the switch/wire harness and all or you just have the rear end unit?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:52 AM   #5

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just what you see in the pictures is what you get.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
so could i just take that and stick it in my axle and hook up the wiring and go?

i already have 4.10 gears
Old 05-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #8

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeSlapnuts View Post
i dunno if my 4 banger would like this very much. would i be able to install my 4.56 gears in this setup?
I suppose you could yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
so could i just take that and stick it in my axle and hook up the wiring and go?

i already have 4.10 gears
Pretty much. You have to do some altering to your open diff housing but it's not too major (i think you need 2 longer studs to accommodate the actuator and grind a little out of the inside to make room for something). I'll try to find the guide again.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #9
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
thats a pretty badass deal... i would hop on it if i was in the market for one
Old 05-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
thats a pretty badass deal... i would hop on it if i was in the market for one
brian. back away from the locker. now.

bump
Old 05-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #11

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's a4 runner but same concept

http://sonoransteel.com/phong/retrof...ic_locker.html
Old 05-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #12
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
brian. back away from the locker. now.

bump
10-4 rubberducky
Old 05-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #13
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Pretty much. You have to do some altering to your open diff housing but it's not too major (i think you need 2 longer studs to accommodate the actuator and grind a little out of the inside to make room for something). I'll try to find the guide again.
wow well what about the wires or wiring harness? that doesnt come with it but i will need it?

ive been looking into lockers for a while now and would love to have one
Old 05-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #14
4Runner guy
Ripcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shedRipcord is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
Ripcord's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a factory E-locker for sale for 1st gens. It came out of a 2001 4 Runner with only 67k on the clock when it was wrecked. It has a 4.10 ratio and can be swapped into an open diff with a little modification (there are several guides I found when trying to do the swap in my truck but it WILL NOT fit 5-lug trucks). It was known to be functioning when it was taken off the donor 4 Runner.

Asking $475 plus shipping. You can also come pick it up locally if you're in the KC area. PM with offers

Thanks for looking!
No way that came out of a 2001. 4Runners stopped getting e-lockers in 2000. Also 90% of 4runner lockers were 4.30. So I would double check that ratio.

If you can in fact confirm that it is a 4.10, I may be interested.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
Valdosta State University
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Orrin
Taco GTR's Tacoma Gallery
i wish it fit a 5 lug
Old 05-11-2011, 06:10 AM   #16

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I know man if it fit a5 lug it would be in mine. Rip cord it may well have come out of a2000. I just counted the teeth on the diff... 41 on the ring gear and 10 on the pinion. I'm no math expert but that comes out to 4.10 for me...
Old 05-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #17

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
wow well what about the wires or wiring harness? that doesnt come with it but i will need it?

ive been looking into lockers for a while now and would love to have one
Yes you need to wire it somehow. You can get the toyota harness (all part numbers are in that guide) or just come up with your own wiring. Honestly I'd just do my own. It would be cheaper and you wouldn't have all the restrictions built into the factory computer for it.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #18

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #19
chazjb is on a distinguished road

Name: James
chazjb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks for looking!
Hmm... I dont think i want to know the answer to this but what would shipping be to 97119? Iff not too much of a killer im interested. Off hand do you know if it would fit in my 97 tacoma?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #20

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping there should be about $75 too. It will fit in your housing with some modification (It's not a direct bolt on in any application, check out the link I posted earlier for the process).