Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: OEM Bump Stops

Old 06-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: OEM Bump Stops

Hi all, I'm about to ditch the shot out factory leafs+addaleafs that I bought the truck with and replace them with some OME Dakars. The previous owner had for some reason removed the rear bump stops from the pack, leaving only the metal plates which they were once fastened to.

I don't have it in my budget, or the time to wait to buy the Wheelers Super Bumps, and the products from Daystar or Energy suspension seem like they would need some fabrication.

So I'm asking those of you who have upgraded their first gen rear bump stops and have a pair of non-shredded-up factory bumps to hook me up!

PM me a price and I can pay via paypal plus shipping.

Here's some pics of why I need new leafs:

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
dang buddy, that looks rough. whats the story behind that? and have you tried the junkyards around your area?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if you dont find anything by friday, i can make a run to the junkyard close to my house, he gets every toyota he can get his hands on and ill see about pickin you up a set.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sachou's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't looked at junk yards just yet, mostly because I haven't found much luck in the Tacoma department in my area. But yeah if you're gonna make a run to the junkyard anyways I would greatly appreciate that!

And that^ is what happens to your suspension when you run into a rock bigger than your head at around 25-30 mph offroad. It was at night just a few months after I bought the truck, the headlights were pretty dim and I wasn't paying as much attention to the terrain as I should have. I had to limp the truck home at 35mph (luckily the path home was a mostly deserted road), and the next day I unbolted the U bolts, replaced the sheared center pin, and bolted it back into place.

That was supposed to be a temporary fix, but I have had it that way for about a year, and have still been offroad since. In fact, last 4th of July I hauled 1500 pounds worth of friends in the bed while offroad.

I love Toyotas.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
98_mud_bug

lol no kiddin, the motor in mine has over 200,000 miles and has water in it 3 times and its still goin strong. ill keep an eye on this thread and let me know if you dont have any yet, because this guy has all kinds of stuff in his junk yard. he says he bids on every tacoma that comes across the auction.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
I have the rear stock bumps from my 2nd Gen Tacoma if they will work you can have them.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #7

sachou's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP...for my bump stops...

Does anybody know if the second gen bumps will fit the first gens? I was told they would fit by wheelers when I was looking at the super bumps...

Anyways, n0rth, I'll go do some research to see if they'll fit, but I'm actually out of town for the weekend, so I can't take measurements right now.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachou View Post
BUMP...for my bump stops...

Does anybody know if the second gen bumps will fit the first gens? I was told they would fit by wheelers when I was looking at the super bumps...

Anyways, n0rth, I'll go do some research to see if they'll fit, but I'm actually out of town for the weekend, so I can't take measurements right now.

No worries, let me know what you find out I can always snap a pic and take measurements if that helps.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #9

sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Snapped some pics of my lack of bump stops...

Basically if your 2nd gen bumps are over 4" long, and under 2.5" wide, they should fit.

n0rth - PM me with a price and your Paypal account if you think it will fit, thanks!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
yote69301 has a spectacular aura aboutyote69301 has a spectacular aura aboutyote69301 has a spectacular aura about
yote69301's Tacoma Gallery
sachou you have a pm
Old 07-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #11

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachou View Post
Snapped some pics of my lack of bump stops...

Basically if your 2nd gen bumps are over 4" long, and under 2.5" wide, they should fit.

n0rth - PM me with a price and your Paypal account if you think it will fit, thanks!

Sachou, I just saw this post sorry about that I will measure them when I get home tonight and let you know.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #12

sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rth View Post
Sachou, I just saw this post sorry about that I will measure them when I get home tonight and let you know.
Oh no, n0rth, you're okay. yote69301 is hooking me up with some bump stops from his '95, so I'm good!

Thanks for the offer, though. I appreciate it.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #13

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal, let me know if anything changes.