Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: STEELIES

Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: STEELIES

Whatsup guys! Looking for a pair of preferably black steelies. I had a set but sold it to a member on here and now in search for a new set! Let me know what you guys have!

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
16'' 6 lug
Old 09-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
How much are you looking to spend? A new set should run you around $300. Good luck!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-85-6883
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddix View Post
will these fit my stock 265/75/16 tires without rubbing the brakes? Im sure their fine but i just wanna double check.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
TacosNTits will become famous soon enoughTacosNTits will become famous soon enough
Name: Rick
TacosNTits's Tacoma Gallery
Dan at www.wheelersoffroad.com has some and he is really helpful with questions.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

Old 09-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
quick question guys, will these fit my stock tires? 265 70 16
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...589320814.html
Old 09-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
RRFLEDRN is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
RRFLEDRN's Tacoma Gallery
I've got these

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...coma-rims.html
Old 09-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddix View Post
if they are the same cast as the Soft 8 that Cragar sells, they won't clear the caliper brake vein...
Old 09-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iForceTUNDRA View Post
quick question guys, will these fit my stock tires? 265 70 16
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...589320814.html
won't fit... those wheels are 15s and you have 16s...

they also look like a polished version of the Soft 8, so no telling if the dimple die holes will clear that brake vein...
Old 09-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
rayny1014 is on a distinguished road
rayny1014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
if they are the same cast as the Soft 8 that Cragar sells, they won't clear the caliper brake vein...
i had the cragar soft 8 16 x7 with 4in backspacing and they fit no problem and with no spacers needed. so why wouldnt 16x8 with 4in backspacing fit?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #12
Well being the dumass i am, i didnt go with my gut feeling of the summit racing ones rubbing so i ordered them. They arrive at my door this morning, i jack up the truck, take of the tire, slap on the wheels to see if its true, and sure enough, they rub I called them to tell them i want to return them, they agreed, but the catch was i have to pay for shipping with is $78 for only 2 of the 4 wheels. so 156$ to return all 5(which is more then half of what i paid for them to begin with). so thats out of the question. The guy told me i can run 1/4 spacers but ive heard they put too much pressure on the lugs and eventually, snap them. My other option was the Spidertrax 1.25 inch spacer which is apparently more safe. Thoughts on this spacers guys? is spidertrax the best brand?
Old 10-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #13
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well being the dumass i am, i didnt go with my gut feeling of the summit racing ones rubbing so i ordered them. They arrive at my door this morning, i jack up the truck, take of the tire, slap on the wheels to see if its true, and sure enough, they rub I called them to tell them i want to return them, they agreed, but the catch was i have to pay for shipping with is $78 for only 2 of the 4 wheels. so 156$ to return all 5(which is more then half of what i paid for them to begin with). so thats out of the question. The guy told me i can run 1/4 spacers but ive heard they put too much pressure on the lugs and eventually, snap them. My other option was the Spidertrax 1.25 inch spacer which is apparently more safe. Thoughts on this spacers guys? is spidertrax the best brand?
Or I can buy them off of you for my 4runner.

But if you want to keep them, yes spidertrax are probably the most popular
Old 10-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #14
LOL thanks man but im gonna keep them. Heres the question though, since with the spacer the tires are gonna stick out further, is it gonna rub anything? suspensions stock and its stock 265 70 16 tires
Old 10-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #15
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL thanks man but im gonna keep them. Heres the question though, since with the spacer the tires are gonna stick out further, is it gonna rub anything? suspensions stock and its stock 265 70 16 tires
If everything is stock you shouldn't have any problems, that stock tire size will be fine.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #17
azn sensation is on a distinguished road
azn sensation's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about the issues. I just got a new tacoma and I'm getting rid of the 16" steelies.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
you can go down to 3.75" backspace with little to no issues, Nerces...

ya shoulda listened to me...

I know mike, i know. i went with the cheaper way out thinking itl work but appearently not and these spacers are gonna bring the grand total to the same price if i were to buy the wheeleresoffroad ones that would have fit.