Never say never.
I never thought this day would come. Turned-out financing for college wasn't such a great idea.
For now, I'll be looking for something smaller.
Price: $21,000 OBO
Mileage: 79,400 (2nd owner)
Location: Edmond, OK
Model: Tacoma XtraCab 4x4 w/SR5 & TRD package
Color: Radiant Red w/Charcoal Grey Interior (RARE)
Engine: 3.4L, V6
Icon Vehicle Dynamics ext travel front coilovers
Total Chaos front UCAs
Total Chaos spindle reinforcements
Icon Vehicle Dynamics ext travel rear shocks w/remote resis
Deaver 8-pack rear leaf springs
All-Pro Off-road 2.5" spring shackles
Tires & wheels:
(5) 33x10.5x15 BFG MT KM2s
(5) Pro Comp 87 Series Rock Crawler 15x8 steelies
ARB front bumper
CBI TrailRider Hybrid rear bumper w/tire carrier & hidden hitch (1st of its kind!)
CBI rear frame reinforcements
frame end-cap modification
bed rails coated w/color-matched Line-X Xtra
tailgate coated w/Line-X Xtra
OEM fenders coated w/Line-X Xtra
Demello Off-road heavy-duty round rock sliders
custom rear crossmember
4gal air tank
Jaz Products 700-500-01 sealed battery box kit
BudBuilt front skid plate
ARE CX Series canopy w/vented win-doors
Garvin Wilderness Sports Series roof rack w/custom tool mounting brackets
Expedition Exchange Jerry Can Holders w/custom mounting brackets
NATO Jerry Cans
250 amp Xantrex PathMaker batt combiner
Optima YellowTop D34/78 (starter batt)
Ravelco security system
4WD grey wire mod
(2) Lightforce 240 XGTs w/(2) pairs of filters
OSRAM SilverStar H4s
OEM turn-signal relocation mod
SpeedTech Lights Quad Pro LED (front)
(2) Whelen TIR6 LEDs (front)
SpeedTech Lights Hex Pro LED (rear)
OEM rear e-locker
rear diff breather modification
ARB Safari snorkel
Hi-Lift 48" jack
Paratech 30" hooligan
Fire Axe JP Special 4lb pick-head axe (not pictured)
(2) Corbeau GTS II's w/driver seat heater
(2) Corbeau Seat Savers
Uniden PRO520XL CB radio w/4' K40 Tunable Whip antenna attached to a Hustler QD2 quick disconnect w/Diamond Super Gainer K400-3/8C mount
ClearTone MFG speaker MFJ-281
Tuffy Series II security console
WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats
Lo-Tek A-Pillar Gauge Pod w/Xantrex LinkPRO gauge & Auto Meter 2620 Z-series mechanical air pressure gauge
RoadlessGear interior winch switch
Linemaster 491-S foot switch
ProClip (base ready for cradle of your choice)
clutch spring modification
bedliner coated w/Line-X
Notes on the truck:
Hundreds of hours and significant dollars are invested in this truck. It's endured a major transformation from towering on a 6" bracket lift to riding on a more modest and manageable 2.5" suspension lift. I built it to be strong, capable and reliable while maintaining a clean and classic appearance. The entire build thread can be found, here.
And it's still young! I bought it with only 32,000 miles on it and leaving it with only 79,400. Very low miles for a 7 year-old truck. I've taken impeccable care of it, however, I admit I have nothing to back-up this statement. Most of the maintenance I've done myself and I don't have my receipts.
Most of the brownish color you see in the photos underneath the truck is dried Arkansas red clay—not rust.
I don't want there to be any surprises. Therefore, I will list the things I know I'm aware of. All photos below accurately depict the current condition of the truck:
1) The front passenger-side tire has a surface cut. Although minor, it hasn't leaked and hasn't caused a problem when it happened back in November last year.
2) Tire tread has about 40% useful life left.
3) Front differential actuator was replaced approximately 2 years ago.
4) Front brake pads replaced less than 1,000 miles ago. The brakes still squeak slightly.
5) T-case front output seal is beginning to weep likely due to a plugged breather that wasn't extended. Should be a quick 30-minute fix. :snorkel:
6) Rear diff oil needs to be replaced.
7) Engine oil needs to be replaced at 82,000 miles.
8) Tire alignment is needed.
9) NPT fittings on air tank need tightening.
10) All disconnected wiring is clearly labeled. I'll provide copies of all wiring diagrams.
11) There's an open cut-out above the rear-view mirror from where the 2M radio used to be installed.
12) Steering rack bushings replaced less than 1,000 miles ago.
13) Clutch Start Cancel switch is permanently enabled following the security system install.
14) Passenger CV axle replaced less than 100 miles ago.
15) ECM replaced approximately 1 year ago after accidentally reconnecting batt terminals improperly.
16) Driver-side door lock cylinder non-existent. Before the security system was installed, someone attempted to break-in. I only replaced the door handle because the door could still be locked/unlocked electronically.
17) Driver-side LED cover cracked.
18) Grille abrasion from winch control box. I left the bracket in place.
19) Dent from contact w/Hi-Lift tool.
20) Sliders have been put to good use.
21) Some minor water damage to the Line-X on the front passenger fender flare...
ProClip and RAM mounts ready to secure your accessories!
90% of the work done on this truck was done by myself with the help of a few good friends and Custom 4x4 Fabrications in Norman, OK There is little I would change if I were to start the build all over again. A great write-up on the history of the truck can be found here at Central Overland.
The winch, air compressor, house batt and most of the electronics originally installed were removed. Sorry, but I need these things immediately for use w/my next rig to continue Central Overland operations.
I believe the price I'm asking for is fair considering the current Blue Book value, the sum I have invested in what is included, and the price similarly built vehicles have been selling for. I hope you think so too.
Click here for more high-quality photos. Please ask me if you have any questions! My number is for-oh-fife, six-tree-tree, won-won-fife-sevin.