Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB - First Gen Rear Locker Actuator

Old 09-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
WTB - First Gen Rear Locker Actuator

I posted a WTB thread about this a while back, and figured I'd give it another shot. I checked out TTORA, and had no luck.

Looking for the actuator for a locking rear differential off of a 1998-2004 Tacoma.

This is the actuator (picture taken from an album on TW)

I'm willing to buy it, or if you got a '98-'04 Tacoma you're getting rid of (for whatever reason), I'd be willing to make an actuator swap.

Here's the old thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ferential.html
Old 09-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bump
Old 09-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Dang liberals.

Evening Bump
Old 09-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Dang liberals.

Another Bump.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
Dang liberals.

Bump
Old 10-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
Dang liberals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
Why do you need it? Did yours stop working? Mine froze up a little while back and I rebuilt it using this link...very helpful if you're up for it.
Ya I've seen that write up before. Great write up, very well done. The aluminum housing in mine has not been compromised like yours. All the parts are mechanically sound - everything is intact. I can hear the actuator cycling when I engage it from the dash, and when I removed it from the diff, I heard the same thing. However, the gear that engages inside the differential is not moving. It's as if it's seized up somewhere.

I've had it torn apart three times.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #8
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to bug you here, call it a free bump, I have the exact same issue... If I remove my actuator, can my truck still be driven or do i need to worry about debris etc?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:33 AM   #9
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
hard wire the motor(battery) and see if that helps, because the stock motor has some resistors to make it turn slower, the risitor could've gone bad.