Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: Stainless Brake Lines from Wheeler's Off-Road

Old 12-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Loves Tacos
JoePoulson is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JoePoulson's Tacoma Gallery
SOLD FS: Stainless Brake Lines from Wheeler's Off-Road

SOLD SOLD SOLD

I have a NEW set of teflon/stainless brake lines for sale, for a 95-04 Tacoma. I purchased these from Wheeler's Off-Road, with the intention of installing them this past Friday. However, I quickly discovered that the front lines were not compatible with the calipers already on my truck. I won't be replacing my calipers anytime soon, so my loss is your gain I suppose.

The package for the front lines has been opened, but the rear line package is still sealed. As I said, these lines are BRAND NEW and have never been installed. All hardware that came with the lines is included.

I'm asking $85 shipped for these lines (free domestic shipping via USPS Priority). Please let me know if there are any questions.

Yes, I am a new member, but don't be scared to do business with me. I just completed a transaction with another TW member (kmok), and I have 100% feedback via eBay over the last 13 years:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Pictures!!

The price I originally paid:

Opened Front Lines 1:

Opened Front Lines 2:

Unopened Rear Line 1:

Unopened Rear Line 2:
Old 12-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
radcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rob
radcat692000's Tacoma Gallery
why will these not work on your truck? do you not have a 95-04 tacoma?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Loves Tacos

I do, but the calipers I have up front require different connection than just the "round" part. It's round, but it also has another tube that comes out from the side and back down to the caliper. Hard to explain I guess, but in order to use the stainless ones, I'd need new calipers. No big deal, I just don't want to spend the $$$ at this time.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
quattrokiwi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePoulson View Post
I do, but the calipers I have up front require different connection than just the "round" part. It's round, but it also has another tube that comes out from the side and back down to the caliper. Hard to explain I guess, but in order to use the stainless ones, I'd need new calipers. No big deal, I just don't want to spend the $$$ at this time.

That tube is just to stop the round fitting rotating while you tighten the bolt, nothing more, you have the right brake lines
Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Loves Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrokiwi View Post

That tube is just to stop the round fitting rotating while you tighten the bolt, nothing more, you have the right brake lines
That tube was part of the round fitting of my current brake lines, and went in to the caliper. When I loosened that part of the line, brake fluid came out of both that tube's hole and the normal round part. They are not separate pieces.

I'll try to take pictures tonight for clarification.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #6
Loves Tacos

This is what I'm talking about:

I apologize for the blurry picture, but that's the front brake line attached to my caliper...it's all one piece. Whereas the replacement brake lines are just round, without the "hook" that comes down, back into the caliper.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
quattrokiwi's Tacoma Gallery
thats the tube i was talking about, it does nothing more than stop the rotation of the fitting.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
Loves Tacos

I see. It came apart as one when I changed my front brakes on Friday.

I appreciate the information. Hopefully I can get back under my truck this week to check it again.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Its supposed to be attached to the line as one piece. It just stops the line from turning when you tighten the bolt.
When you install the new ones just pay attention to their direction and you should be fine.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
Loves Tacos

Bump, and OP updated. I no longer need these as I am upgrading my truck! They are still for sale, and still new.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
Loves Tacos

Bump!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Would you sell just the front lines?
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #13
Have a nice day
htuong95 is on a distinguished road

htuong95's Tacoma Gallery
Are these longer than stock? I have a 2001 Tacoma V6 xtra cab 4x4 SR5 (not TRD) with OME 3" kit. If this fit my truck and if the price is right, I might be interested. I just need the rear brake line.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
Loves Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Would you sell just the front lines?
If we can agree on a price and I can get someone to buy the backs, yes. Which leads me to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by htuong95 View Post
Are these longer than stock? I have a 2001 Tacoma V6 xtra cab 4x4 SR5 (not TRD) with OME 3" kit. If this fit my truck and if the price is right, I might be interested. I just need the rear brake line.
According to where I bought them from:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacolines.htm

These lines are good for stock vehicles up to ones with a 3.5" lift.

If we can agree on prices, I will break this set up.

Joe
Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #15

Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
So what do u want for just the fronts?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
Loves Tacos

All, these lines have been SOLD! Fortunately, I was able to sell them as a set. Thank you for your interest.

Joe