Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: '98 Tacoma V6 3.4l, 4x4, TRD, Manual 5-speed, low miles

Old 01-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
Untitled
InactiveUser has a spectacular aura aboutInactiveUser has a spectacular aura about

InactiveUser's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: '98 Tacoma V6 3.4l, 4x4, TRD, Manual 5-speed, low miles

Okay so I just asked for a rare blend, but this is the most plausible place to find one! I found one a while ago, but someone stole my $9000 and they are still trying to pay me back. I have $5500 with people who owe me a combined value of $10k so I can pay cash. I am parting out my totaled motorcycle for $6k to $8k rather than getting $2700 from insurance for it. The frame alone brings in $2500

ANYWAY!

MUST be/have the following:
1998-1999 Toyota Tacoma in black, white, or red. (preferred, not necessary)
TRD off road package (stock, as in no lift)
16" wheels (not necessary)
Manual Transmission
Under 150k miles
V6 3.4l engine
4x4
Built in compartments for smuggling drugs
.50 cal gun turret
Old 01-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
not manual or trd, but everything else you want
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...acoma-4x4.html
Old 01-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Untitled
InactiveUser has a spectacular aura aboutInactiveUser has a spectacular aura about

Absolutely has to have TRD and manual transmission. I don't wanna heat my brakes up on descents, and I don't wanna buy a locking diff.

Thanks anyway.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
good luck..I was going to drive from NJ to Ct. to buy a truck, since thats the only one I could find for under 100,000 miles.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
good luck..I was going to drive from NJ to Ct. to buy a truck, since thats the only one I could find for under 100,000 miles.
I've been trolling crazedlist.org for it (searches craigslist from multiple cities, hint: do NOT select everything. Craigslist will ban your IP)

People complain about gas prices, but look at their car mileage lol. Stop driving so much!!! Same thing with fat Americans, stop eating so much! I mean I can barely walk but I am not fat.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
Untitled

Through research I guess i will have to heavily inspect the frame for rust :/ I might just have to upgrade to a 2004...OR I can buy several Tacoma's with the rust problem already existing and make some money off of this!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Your demanding , can't blame you tho, that would be the ultimate set up.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Your demanding , can't blame you tho, that would be the ultimate set up.
you should see my list for a girlfriend
Old 01-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Where are u located? There is one in Tallahassee FL, that I could've gotten for a song, had I being looking for 5 speed. Look it up on Autotrader. Can't recall if TRD, but about 80K miles and 5 speed. They are willing to deal, as it has being in their lot since early Nov 2010.

Good luck!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
Where are u located? There is one in Tallahassee FL, that I could've gotten for a song, had I being looking for 5 speed. Look it up on Autotrader. Can't recall if TRD, but about 80K miles and 5 speed. They are willing to deal, as it has being in their lot since early Nov 2010.

Good luck!
I am in Arkansas, does that truck need an earl change or new bubs?

WTF, Why hasn't it sold? My dad got an 04 Honda VFR800 that was sitting in a crate for 3 years for like cost.

This is all I found :/ http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
^ That's the one. how come it hasn't sold? 5speed, that and Tally is in the middle of freacking nowhere, when it comes to FL.
AS to what it needs, I have no clue, never checked other than the ad, but had I press the panic button, yeah it would be mine. I need to have an auto as the Miata is 5speed, and I'm accident prone (meaning I'm always wearing a cast, or on the verge of it).

Dude, U R in AR, I'd say get it. You could get the big brakes and the e-locker down the road. Like I said this thing has been sitting there for at least 3 months, you could get this for about 9.5K if not less...

I'm from Tampa, I live in Tulsa and picked my Taco in Colorado Springs. Sometimes for the right truck/car a roadtrip is a necessity.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #12
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/ctd/2765440946.html

Just so this today.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
Untitled

Quote:
Too much, my other money is tied up. Sure I have $15k with a motorcycle that can be parted out for $8k but I only have $6k cash :/ and friends/family who owe me money. What do I do for a living? Honestly, I haven't been employed for 2+ years. So I can't really get a loan.

/ramble
Old 01-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't list the mileage... or am I just missing it?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Doesn't list the mileage... or am I just missing it?
It has 9,188,726,300 miles...wait that's the phone number.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #16
Let me get this straight. You want a low miles TRD 4X4, 5 speed and you want it for little cash? Don't mean to be a dick, but good luck with that!!! I just bought mine, and that was the third one I bought.

The first one (in Panama City, FL) I "forced" the dealer with an aggressive price, and they sold it for sticker to a local. The second one, in Tampa, the sold it locally because I would not pay both FL and OK sales tax, which I didn't have to, but they wanted to charge me.

The third one, I went ahead a put a down payment on my CC. I still got them a little, but they showed me two contracts for people in Colorado Springs (where I bought it) who were ready to buy.

4WD gen 1's are hot right now, and if you don't have a job or can't get a loan, you are probably better off waiting until you do.

I was surprised how much I paid for my 10 YO taco, but I needed a 4x4 truck/suv and it was either gonna be a 4Runner or Taco for me, and nothing else.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #18
^$10K with 163K miles? That's almost criminal!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #19
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
was not aware any first gen came with 16" wheels besides the 2004 with that rare package.....
Old 01-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
Mine does, but I hate my "fan" rims. When I can afford them I'll go with 4Runner rims. The 10 spokes ones are yummy, but I could also go with some '05 or later.

I don't get it, I really like Runner's rims but not the Tacos!