Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB First Gen bucket seats grey console

Old 02-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Hillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant future

Hillingdoner's Tacoma Gallery
WTB First Gen bucket seats grey console

Worth a shot. Have a 1995 xtra cab. Looking for a set of factory 1st gen bucket seats in grey. Need to be complete with mount brackets and complete as possible with the plastic trim pieces etc.

Prefer the pattern on the '95 to '99 models, but still interested if yours are 2000-2004 ones.

Let me know what you have, condition and price.

If anyone has the grey console that goes between the seats I'm interested in that too.

PM me what you have and we can go from there.
Cheers
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Hillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant futureHillingdoner has a brilliant future

Let's try a bump...
Old 02-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #3

Thread closed no longer looking for these items.

Lucked out using Craigslist. I'd advertised on there wanting to find buckets and a console on there and got no reply. Then just going through one evening I see someone advertising that they have buckets and wants to swap for a bench. Contacted immediatley and long story short now have buckets and a console in the truck and they are happy with the old bench. Even the right colour!!!

For those researching, our truck is a '95 xtra cab 4wd 5 speed. The truck that I got the seats and console from was a '99 regular cab 4wd (auto I think, don't remember now).
Seats and console just bolt in no problem between the two. Split bench and the buckets bolt in using the same holes. Console unbolts from the floor bracket and unscrews from the back of the shift section of the console. Get the floor bracket while you are there (two bolts).

The console fit right on my existing shift console. Just pulled the carpet up and removed the clear tape covering the existing bracket holes in the floor. Cut a slit in the carpet and bolted the bracket on the floor (has an arrow pointing towards the front on the bracket so you get it on the right way). Removed the two rear screws on the existing shift console in the truck, slid the rear console over the outside portion of the front console so the screw holes aligned and then screwed and bolted everything together.

I should note:
Seats look good in the truck even with the different pattern. They have similar colour strands in them so it works well in my opinion.

The console grey/blue colour is slightly lighter than the 1995 colour, but looks fine and does not bother me in the slightest. The factory mixed darker and ligher grey/blue in the truck anyway. Once installed you don't even notice it.

Getting the seats from a regular cab bucket truck and putting them in an xtra cab you do loose the passenger side single flip/slide action for getting into the rear of the truck. Basically where you pulled the 60/40 bench lever on the passenger side and the seat back would flip forward and the seat would slide forward at the same time. With the reg cab bucket it does not do that. All you have to do is flip the seat back forward and you can put things in the back. If you need to seat someone in the back then just pull the forward/back seat adjustment lever and slide the seat forward. Still plenty of room. Although, you will have to let them out of the back as there is not that foot thing that they could step on to release the seat.

Seat belt in the truck clips right in and works fine with the new bucket ones.

Hope that helps.