Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

need a new radio!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
wheeler3129 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
wheeler3129's Tacoma Gallery
need a new radio!

I would like upgrade from my factory radio but would like to have with ipod/usb capability in the front. I didn't know if anyone had one that they took out to upgrade and wanted to get rid of the other.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of these Pioneer MVH-P8200BT that I might be selling in the near future. I might be upgrading to a Pioneer AppRadio system depending on what I find
Old 03-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHS2846bg8 View Post
I have one of these Pioneer MVH-P8200BT that I might be selling in the near future. I might be upgrading to a Pioneer AppRadio system depending on what I find
what ya selling it for?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
don't know yet. I may or may not be a while, not sure yet, just putting it out there. Probably wouldn't be too expensive though. I'm still looking into what to upgrade to.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
02stepsidetaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Gary
02stepsidetaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Pioneer cd player that is in the truck now and has the USB port in the front. It was in the truck when I purchased it, but like the factory look better. Would be willing to trade you the Pioneer and the filler piece for it straight up for the stock CD player if it is in good working order and you pay the shipping.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
i saw one of these fancy cassette adapter thingy's at wally world... lets ya hood your mp3 player into your radio.... thinkin bout gettin me one of them...

problem solved

Old 03-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALawrence View Post
i saw one of these fancy cassette adapter thingy's at wally world... lets ya hood your mp3 player into your radio.... thinkin bout gettin me one of them...

problem solved

I've been using one of these for years. mp3 player, cell phone, etc.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02stepsidetaco View Post
I have a Pioneer cd player that is in the truck now and has the USB port in the front. It was in the truck when I purchased it, but like the factory look better. Would be willing to trade you the Pioneer and the filler piece for it straight up for the stock CD player if it is in good working order and you pay the shipping.
Let me see a picture I may be interested and what model pioneer is it?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
sixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixsixsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sixsixsix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALawrence View Post

problem solved

I was using this cassette adapter with my stock radio for a while. You can listen to your Ipod, internet radio (Pandora) and even works as a poorman's bluetooth too. The only thing that bothered me was that the cassette player itself would make its own noise the entire time the adapter was in. A quick fix was to turn the volume up on the radio but once you lowered the volume, there's that cassette noise again.
My solution was the GoGroove FlexSmart. It connects to your cigarette lighter, then to your phone via bluetooth. Not the poorman's bluetooth like I mentioned above. It allows you to play ipod, pandora, etc... and has a built in microphone for hands-free calling all via bluetooth. It'll also charge your smart phone via usb.
Im completely happy with it and ive since tossed the cassette adapter into the scrap electronics box. Definitely look into getting one if you don't want to upgrade your head unit.

Products Discussed in this Thread