Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: Need fuel door with lock or lock and key for a 1997 tacoma/also need oem F-coils

Old 03-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
LED BARS/HIDs/TRAIN HORN KITS WHOLESALE
icemantaco has a spectacular aura abouticemantaco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Isaac "Ice-Man"
icemantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to icemantaco
WTB: Need fuel door with lock or lock and key for a 1997 tacoma/also need oem F-coils

hey guys guy before me cut the coils to drop truck and i got stuck at gas station with my fue door not opening so i had to break lock

does anyone have a fuel door lock with key or if not the whole door with lock
&
does anyone have oem front coils. i want to lift my taco now

truck: 1997 toyota tacoma 2.4L 2wd 5-speed transmission

thanks guys. pm me with price if you can help out!

if anyone has a cheap lift kit for this truck also that they would like to sell please let me know.looking for 3" possibly.
or if live near houston and have aftermarket stuff for this truck pls lmk.

im in sugarland,texas 77479 which is near Houston,Texas77045
Old 03-28-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
radcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rob
radcat692000's Tacoma Gallery
i'm in the same situation as you,, my fuel door lock is broken and everytime you turn sharp the fuel door swings open,,, need help with either a fix or a key lock set also..
Old 03-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by radcat692000 View Post
i'm in the same situation as you,, my fuel door lock is broken and everytime you turn sharp the fuel door swings open,,, need help with either a fix or a key lock set also..
yes bro it sux lol....if i find out where its sold cheap ill update you. have a good one!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FailRated View Post
I have the stock coils off my V6 Double cab. The spring rate might be too much for your truck though.
i dont know too much about lifting a truck but if i lift my 97 2-3" do you would i need bigger coils or oem are fine? if oem is fine do you know if they will fit a 2wd 97 taco?

thanks for your help and input.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
RTO
FailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
FailRated's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemantaco View Post
i dont know too much about lifting a truck but if i lift my 97 2-3" do you would i need bigger coils or oem are fine? if oem is fine do you know if they will fit a 2wd 97 taco?

thanks for your help and input.
You can use oem coils with a coil spacer to get anywhere from 1-3" of lift. Or you can buy aftermarket coils and not use a spacer. My coils will fit on your truck but I'm sure the spring rate is higher because mine are for a heavier V6 Double cab, not a 4cyl standard cab.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FailRated View Post
I have the stock coils off my V6 Double cab. The spring rate might be too much for your truck though.
I have an 02 ext cab with bumper and winch would you coils be better than the one that came with mine or are they the same????
Old 03-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
RTO
FailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailRated is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
FailRated's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
I have an 02 ext cab with bumper and winch would you coils be better than the one that came with mine or are they the same????
I'm not sure if our trucks would have different springs or not.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
barcodeguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
barcodeguy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a lock and key

I have a gas door lock and key that I pulled off my 1998 Tacoma before Toyota crushed it for frame rust. I have the clip that holds it in place as well. When I bought the truck it did not have a lock for it so I paid Toyota about $65 for it a while back. Who wants to buy it?
Old 08-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #10
$?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcodeguy View Post
I have a gas door lock and key that I pulled off my 1998 Tacoma before Toyota crushed it for frame rust. I have the clip that holds it in place as well. When I bought the truck it did not have a lock for it so I paid Toyota about $65 for it a while back. Who wants to buy it?

How much shipped to Houston,Texas 77083?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #11
barcodeguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
barcodeguy's Tacoma Gallery
Total cost including shipping $35. $25 for lock and key and $10 shipping. Do you have a Paypal account?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
Quote:
Total cost including shipping $35. $25 for lock and key and $10 shipping. Do you have a Paypal account?
Yes i do! Do you have any pictures?
Old 08-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #13
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Guys I'm in the same boat as you (broken gas door latch). I suggest not buying a other lock/latch because you will need to have a different key for the gas lock.Plus that cheap plastic latch will end up braking again.
A memeber I met at the last TW meet told me a website that sells something to fix it. I forgot the website and the name of the person that told me.
Was thinking of using magnets.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #14
Banned
Streetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of lightStreetsurfz727 is a glorious beacon of light
Streetsurfz727's Tacoma Gallery
My truck had the same problem when I bought it, went to Ace Hardware and bought a magnet and some superglue. Dose not lock and had to file the plastic around the cap just alittle bit but closes flush and works awesome cost me $5.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
Sounds good i might just go ahead and do the magnets. I wanted to BUY the lock cylinder and key from "BarCodeGuy" aka Dave but he went MIA......LOL
Old 09-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
Quote:

THANKS DAVE! I got the lock and key! Great deal you gave me! Brand new OEM and works awesome! So much better than my swinging fuel door at every turn