Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Box Rocket Fab Bed Racks

Old 05-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #301
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
ty
Old 05-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #302
CIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the rough
CIAGDDS's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have good pics of this on a 2nd Gen?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #304
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAGDDS View Post
Anyone have good pics of this on a 2nd Gen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
In about 2 or 3 weeks hopefully Although mine is being modified slightly from the original design
Yes, I'm hoping to have Infra's rack finished up this week. Infra's rack is different because he requested the rack to be higher off the bed rails than the standard design. Standard design is 6" above bedrails. Infra's rack will be 11" above the rails. Also, his rack is just the basic rack with none of the extra options if that matters.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #305
wrat is just really nicewrat is just really nicewrat is just really nicewrat is just really nice
wrat's Tacoma Gallery
When will you be taking new orders?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #306
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrat View Post
When will you be taking new orders?
first post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I am currently unable to take any NEW orders until mid-JUNE. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I need to get caught up on current orders. Thank you for your understanding.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #307
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

truthfully Mid-June might be optimistic. I've been neglecting way too many things with my family over the last several months with my busy work schedule and A LOT of fabrication work on the side. It has been pretty overwhelming. I need to give some attention to things that have taken a back seat. It might be late summer before I get back to taking new orders.

Sorry.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #308
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
truthfully Mid-June might be optimistic. I've been neglecting way too many things with my family over the last several months with my busy work schedule and A LOT of fabrication work on the side. It has been pretty overwhelming. I need to give some attention to things that have taken a back seat. It might be late summer before I get back to taking new orders.

Sorry.
Don't be sorry most of us have been there in life as well. No need to appologize your family is more important then us on here. When you are able to take more orders when you get caught up I will definitely be ordering a rack from you.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #309
tired

Spy pics of the very first 2nd Gen rack. PLEASE NOTE: this rack is at a customer requested height above the bed. Normally the racks will sit 6" above the bed, this one sits at 11" above the bed.

No options on this rack, just the standard rack. Without having a 2nd Gen truck on hand during the building of it I was a little nervous about the fitment. I took good measurements off a truck to start with but that's all I had to go from. I figured it would need a couple small adjustments (mainly at the mounting locations) to fit just right, but this thing fit absolutely perfect on the first try. Mounts to the bed using the factory bed cleats in the red rails. There is no stress on the cleats themselves other than keeping the rack from sliding. All the weight is supported by the top of the bed. The nice thing about the bed cleats as the mounting is that the rack can be slid in the tracks to be forward in the bed or closer to the tailgate.

I shouldn't boast about my own stuff, but I'm digging these 2nd Gen racks now that I've got one built.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #310
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
its always nice when the little things work out. looks great Box
Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #311
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! I'm ready to see what a normal height looks like.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #312
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter247 View Post
Looks good! I'm ready to see what a normal height looks like.
Half as high as that
Old 05-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #313
tired

oh, a small surprise that I didn't expect. The feet of the 2nd gen rack is actually narrower than they are for a 1st Gen. Not by much but the 1st gen bed (inside measurement) is wider than a 2nd Gen.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #314
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
You make me wish I bought a first gen Adam
Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #315
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustbucket View Post
You make me wish I bought a first gen Adam
Haha. that's because 1st gens are better.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #316
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone mounted a bestop topper over one of these racks? Curious if it'd work.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #317
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Infra you gotta be excited to put your CVT on that aye?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #319
gnstalodz is on a distinguished road
gnstalodz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Has anyone mounted a bestop topper over one of these racks? Curious if it'd work.
+1
Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #320
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
Infra you gotta be excited to put your CVT on that aye?
Cody, thanks for being patient. You're next!