Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Box Rocket Fab Bed Racks

Old 12-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #41
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Holiday shopping? I have an idea for you.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #42
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

building more this weekend.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #43
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
You certainly have one slick rack. I dont think it would be worth it for me to get one from you but it sure has inspired me to build one. I think if you photoshop'd a nice little sig with a picture of a rack you could get some more attention. Just a thought
Old 12-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #44
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Not a bad idea Ian. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #45
Tayysere is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Tayysere's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for this guy. Legit fabrication
Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #46
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Thanks Taylor. I think you're gonna like your load bars. I'll have them on Tuesday for you.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #47
Tayysere is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Tayysere's Tacoma Gallery
I am excited man. Bump again for this guy. The rack I saw on his truck was outstanding
Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #48
Papawally1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Walt
Papawally1's Tacoma Gallery
I want your bumper for my 04
Did you build it?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #50
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawally1 View Post
I want your bumper for my 04
Did you build it?
Yes I built the rear bumper.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #51
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Hopefully when I get some extra cash I can put in an order!!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #52
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHS2846bg8 View Post
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Hopefully when I get some extra cash I can put in an order!!
Sweet! let me know when you're ready. Currently have 4 in the queue that I'm hoping to finish up in the next couple weeks.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #53
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
Looks awesome,but have they been tested fitted with the stock plastic bed liners? the front and the back of the bed liner angle inwards about 1-1.5"
Nope. Sorry I am offering as many options as I can but I am not going to change design for the plastic bed liners. You'll have to trim those.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #54
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Adam, any chance on making another rack like the one on the cab? Getting ideas on mounting a rack on my shell.

Oh and I've been waiting for this for a while ever since I saw your truck in Moab. I'd love to get one for my truck but I don't think I'll fit with the headache rack I made or in the shell
Old 12-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #55
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Chad, the roofrack itself is no big deal. The mounting system is a whole other issue. I worked on a bunch of different designs for over a year for how to mount a roofrack without drilling the roof. The best option was the mounting rails I used from Front Runner that have the rubber extrusion pad that runs the full length of the rail.

I searched forever to try to find some type of pad like that so I could make my own rails but there just isn't anything out there and the cost of making them is off the charts. Production cost on the rails/pads is the reason that Front Runner has discontinued them.

But to answer your question the rack that mounts to the rails is essentially the same design as my bedrack, but slightly longer in my case for the double cab. On a reg cab like yours it might actually be a little shorter than the bed rack. So if you don't mind drilling your roof to mount it, then it's pretty much the same deal as the bed rack. There are good quality well nuts that can be used for mounting it to the roof but a lot of people don't like the idea of drilling the roof.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #56
FEARFACT is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Matt
FEARFACT's Tacoma Gallery
awesome rack, so may be a ridiculous question/idea but what about a diy weld "kit". may be faster, cheaper and easier to ship and it would give the end user a little wiggle room if they need it. like i would want the option to plid the hi-lift or tire to underside mounting too if needed. keep up the good work man!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #57
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEARFACT View Post
awesome rack, so may be a ridiculous question/idea but what about a diy weld "kit". may be faster, cheaper and easier to ship and it would give the end user a little wiggle room if they need it. like i would want the option to plid the hi-lift or tire to underside mounting too if needed. keep up the good work man!
I have no plans to offer a "kit". If you'd like changes like underside mounting, I can do that for you. I try to accomodate as many reasonable "custom" requests as I can. Just let me know what you need and we'll discuss it.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #58
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is a 1st gen thing, but i think this is pretty cool. i want a rack that will fit on my truck with a softopper rolled up and put away in its case. this looks like it has enough room up front for the topper to be rolled up. the roof top tent is also my next purchase, just have to wait until after christmas. just in case someone was feeling very generous and bought me one..lol keep up the great work though.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #59
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic11 View Post
i know this is a 1st gen thing, but i think this is pretty cool. i want a rack that will fit on my truck with a softopper rolled up and put away in its case. this looks like it has enough room up front for the topper to be rolled up. the roof top tent is also my next purchase, just have to wait until after christmas. just in case someone was feeling very generous and bought me one..lol keep up the great work though.
a 2nd Gen Version is in the works. Just gotta get caught up on the current orders first. Probably February before I can get the 2nd Gen one ready.