Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Box Rocket Fab Bed Racks

Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Box Rocket Fab Bed Racks

I am currently unable to take any NEW orders. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I need to get caught up on current orders. Thank you for your understanding.

NOW OFFERING THESE FOR 1ST GEN AND 2ND GEN TACOMAS!!!!

:PLEASE READ:

as of today (01/04/2013) I'm officially building these for both models of Tacoma pickups. But I have a backlog that I need to catch up on and my day job just started into serious "crunch mode" to finish a project. I'm working 60-80hrs/wk from now until April 1 so my fab time is limited. I will happily still take orders and get them built as quickly as my time allows. I will contact buyers regularly with status updates on their racks and even send pics if requested. Thank you for your patience! More importantly, Thank you all for your interest in these racks!!!

This started out as just a few requests but has grown to several more and now I've got a better breakdown on pricing etc so I'm posting this up here now.

These are bedracks for 1st Gen Tacomas. These are a great way to create dual layer storage in the bed of the truck. Mount spare tires, carry camping gear, mount your roof top tent, have a secure place for your hilift jack and shovel/axe without using up ANY space in the bed of the truck. Attach Ski Racks, Bike racks etc.

The rack sits level with the bottom of the rear cab window so it doesn't block visiblity (unless its loaded). Once its loaded, even with a RTT, the load is below the roofline so as to not have a negative affect on aerodynamics and create more wind resistence.

The main rack is constructed from 1x1" .080 square tube. The legs are 1x2" 1/8" rectangular tube. The feet are full length 1.5" angle.

Main rack dimensions are 38x38". Weight is approx 40lbs
REQUIRES DRILLING THE BED RAIL FOR MOUNTING.

There are a few options available to suit different needs. Below is a price breakdown and available options.

Basic rack (unpainted) $280 (2nd Gen $320) (includes 4 light tabs, 2 front 2 rear).

Hilift mount. + $20

Swagman Shovel Clamp + $60

Tie Down Tracks (inc. 4 moveable tiedown rings) + $100

SandBlasting/PowderCoating + $170

Shipping is extra.

Here are some sample photos:

Tie down tracks

Basic Rack + Tie down tracks

Basic Rack + Hilift mount + Shovel Clamp x2

Carry more gear without using up all your bed space

Attach Ski/Board racks

Great place for radio antennas

Mount a RTT

I am not a professional fab shop. I'm just a guy trying to help out fellow Tacoma owners. I have basic tools and build these in my home garage. I have used my personal bedrack for a couple years now with great success. I do not stock materials for these since I don't have the room so I require a 50% paypal deposit at the time you place an order. The balance is paid via paypal once the rack is completed and ready to ship.

If you are interested in one of these, send me a PM with the options you'd like, followed by your deposit. I build these in my spare time but can usually build them pretty quickly. Typically, I can have your rack ready in 3-4 weeks from the time you order it.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that's cheap!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN i want one!!! im gonna have to put this on my wish list, these racks are awesome. Good to know your making them for the public now!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. Your tie-down track design is excellent.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sub ...definitely gonna order once funds come in
Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys. Let me know when you're ready.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats really cool!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #8
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Man I really want to learn how to weld and something like this would be my goal, but hot damn that's a cheap price for something so slick.

What do you suppose shipping one of these things would cost? Say to Colorado.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #9
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
if you made a 2nd gen one too you'd make bank, just a thought
Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Man I really want to learn how to weld and something like this would be my goal, but hot damn that's a cheap price for something so slick.

What do you suppose shipping one of these things would cost? Say to Colorado.
Unless I change the design so these can be broken down for shipping it can be pretty expensive to ship via FedEx or UPS because the charge for "dimensional weight" because of the large size. That price ends up actually doubling the shipping weight. So I've been sending them via Greyhound. It's been less than half the cost of FedEx or UPS. Only downside is you have to pick it up at your local bus depot. Ballpark would be ~$60 to Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
if you made a 2nd gen one too you'd make bank, just a thought
It's part of the plan, just haven't got to that point yet. I need to find a local 2nd Gen to use to build the prototype and get measurements.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Unless I change the design so these can be broken down for shipping it can be pretty expensive to ship via FedEx or UPS because the charge for "dimensional weight" because of the large size. That price ends up actually doubling the shipping weight. So I've been sending them via Greyhound. It's been less than half the cost of FedEx or UPS. Only downside is you have to pick it up at your local bus depot. Ballpark would be ~$60 to Colorado.
Wow Adam... you're making it really hard for me to want to do this project myself.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
tired

Why waste your time? Let's get this going!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It's part of the plan, just haven't got to that point yet. I need to find a local 2nd Gen to use to build the prototype and get measurements.
Just come to GA, you can use my truck all you want
Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Hey Adam..I can't see, to find those clamps anywhere. Where are you getting them?? If ya don't mind me asking.
Sorry dude. Not trying to be a dick about it but I can't give up all my secrets. Gotta have some elements that are unique to my stuff if I want to differentiate from other stuff that's out there. Hope you can understand that. Seriously not trying to be a jerk.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #16
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry dude. Not trying to be a dick about it but I can't give up all my secrets. Gotta have some elements that are unique to my stuff if I want to differentiate from other stuff that's out there. Hope you can understand that. Seriously not trying to be a jerk.
not at all. Woulda asked before you went pro on the sales haha

But no worries man...more I think about it..more I really don't think I have a good place for them anyways haha.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #17
Tayysere is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Tayysere's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would be more than happy to let you measure and test fit?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayysere View Post
I would be more than happy to let you measure and test fit?
Thanks Taylor! I'll let you know.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
When you get these out for 2nd Gens shoot me a PM please...I'd really like to get one.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #20
tired

Bump. I can do these for 2nd Gen too. Should be building a prototype right away that will mount using the factory bed rails. Price will be slightly different. Most likely in the $320 range for the basic rack. All other options are priced the same.