Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: Donahoe 2.5 coilovers

Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #21
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
Im not familiar with Donahoe. Google says that they went out of business a few years ago. Would it even be possible to replace parts on them?
=Icon
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw that they changed names! thanks.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #24
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Soooo how much would it cost to fix these bad boys. Any ideas?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #26
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
100 bucks a coil over. more if you want to make them extended travel. Thats also if you have some one do it.

You can do it yourself tho for pretty cheap..
It's $125 per shock through Icon. That's just the seals, oil and cleanup. Anything else will cost more but these shouldn't need anything else. Also extending them is free when your getting them rebuilt so might as well. I have a set of Donahoes I put on my 4runner and I absolutely love them. Much better than my old saw 2.0's. I highly recommend them and whoever buys these should just have Tacomx ship them directly to Icon if your going to get them rebuilt. Makes it cheaper that way.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
Dangerous

If i bought these id probably do the rebuild myself. Id need to get something for the rear anyway so if they just sat for a while it wouldnt be a big deal. Im going to check the budget tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #28
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah I've heard the rebuild isn't bad and extending them requires removing a spacer or something like that. Pretty simple. I'll probably rebuild mine at some point and resi them. Hopefully you can pick them up.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #29
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
It's $125 per shock through Icon. That's just the seals, oil and cleanup. Anything else will cost more but these shouldn't need anything else. Also extending them is free when your getting them rebuilt so might as well. I have a set of Donahoes I put on my 4runner and I absolutely love them. Much better than my old saw 2.0's. I highly recommend them and whoever buys these should just have Tacomx ship them directly to Icon if your going to get them rebuilt. Makes it cheaper that way.

interesting..extended for free huh?

well shit thats a good deal.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #31
4runner Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
need a longer shaft to make them extended too..
Not from what I've read. I can't find it exactly, but it all has to do with the spacer. The spacer limits the travel on the regular version, but replacing the spacer with a smaller one or removing it all together (can't remember which) it allows the shaft to travel further, thus gaining the extended travel. Regardless I remember multiple sources saying it was free if they were already rebuilding them.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #33
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
Im not familiar with Donahoe. Google says that they went out of business a few years ago. Would it even be possible to replace parts on them?
Icon bought Donahoe. Icon shocks are Donahoe shocks with a new logo on them. Icon will rebuild Donahoe shocks, so will just about anyone who does suspension work. Icon quoted me ~$150 a side to rebuild them.

Edit: just saw everyone's posts above me (I'm on my phone). Thanks guys.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
No Rangers Here is on a distinguished road

Army: Apache helicopter repairman 15R
Name: jordan
No Rangers Here's Tacoma Gallery
300 and ill pay shipping how much does id cost to get them up to perfect condition again
Old 12-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #36
4runner Troll

Here you go. http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/t...shock-service/

$125 per shock for rebuild and $185 per side for a Resi.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #37
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Rangers Here View Post
300 and ill pay shipping how much does id cost to get them up to perfect condition again
PMed
Old 12-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #38

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Come on people, don't make an offer then say you can't get them yet!!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #39
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
You're in fla ?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #40
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
It took me a while to sell my danohoes as well, some people just dont get these are ICON's..... Oh well free bump and somebody buy these, cheaper to buy and rebuild these then buy brand new coilovers, good deal IMO...