Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: Camper Shell for an XtraCab

Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Camper Shell for an XtraCab

Hi TW,

I've been looking for a camper on CL for a while with no luck, so I figured I'd put a WTB on here.

I'm looking for a silver camper shell for my xtracab '03. I don't really care what the brand is or if it's cab high or taller. But I would like a silver one. Let me know! Central/Southern California would be ideal....

Thanks
Old 02-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
TTT!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
99tacoprerunner is on a distinguished road

Name: oscar
99tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Gold and silver look pretty good together if u r interested
Old 02-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
99tacoprerunner is on a distinguished road

Name: oscar
99tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Gold and silver look pretty good together if you wanna try a new look.....
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks but I'd really like a silver one so that it matches the truck.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Charles2004 is on a distinguished road

Name: Charles
Charles2004's Tacoma Gallery
Have any plans to come near the midwest in the near future?

I have a Leer XR100 on my '04 Xtracab. Unfortunately I am in northwest Wisconsin.

Here are some photos:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...apolis-mn.html

If you'd like additional pictures or have any questions let me know.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately not. If you were out in California I'd buy it!

I'm assuming you're not coming out this way anytime soon?

Thanks for the post and GLWS
Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #8
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
TTT. Heading out to the eastside this weekend (probably bishop, not sure where else) - it looks cold. I'd love to be able to sleep in the back of my truck!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #9
tstege is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Wildland fire fighter Hotshot Crew
Name: tyler
tstege's Tacoma Gallery
Silver camper

Not mine but i saw it on CL looks like what you wanted http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...606509350.html
Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Hey thanks for the link. I appreciate you looking out for me! I saw that too... and I'd have bought it if it were for an xtra-cab. Word is the regular cab shells don't quite line up because the angle of the cabin is more straight up, while the xtra-cab is angled, if that makes any sense.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #11
voodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of light

voodootruckers's Tacoma Gallery
Check this one out.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...645481953.html
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #12
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for looking out for me - really appreciate it!

I managed to pick this up on the way out to my trip, so it all worked out!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #13
voodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of lightvoodootruckers is a glorious beacon of light

voodootruckers's Tacoma Gallery
Right on man, great find.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #14
Charles2004 is on a distinguished road

Name: Charles
Charles2004's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of topper and model is that?

Thanks,

Charles
Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #15
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find!! Just paid an arm and a leg for mine new last week. Still waiting!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #16
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
It's a snugtop. Pretty sure it's the hi liner. Which was exactly what I was looking for. I'm pretty happy with it so far. The extra height has been nice while sleeping in the back. It's only 6 months or so old (I think that's what the guy said, was less than year), so in pretty good shape over all. I couldn't stomach 1500 for a new one on a 10 year old truck. Took a while to find it but ended up paying half that and got a sleeping platform thrown in. Good luck!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #17
curmudgeon

Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and FWIW, my truck drives better with the topper and platform in the back. I haven't noticed much of a different in MPG.