Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB Lower Control Arms (with good bushings)

Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
NAVY_TRIPP is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Luke
NAVY_TRIPP's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Lower Control Arms (with good bushings)

Hello All,

I developed a pretty wicked shimmy and shake, especially turning right, around 65 MPH. Also a squeak that is there at low speeds, like parking lots, that drives me nuts! I'm 95% sure I need LCA's (bushings) considering last month I replaced Upper/Lower BJ's and Inner/Outer Tie Rods. And last summer I replaced the wheel bearings and R&P bushings. All to tighten up the front end. Now for the final pieces. I have been told pretty unanimously to simply replace the LCA's instead of just the bushings. Which pisses me off b/c I threw away my perfectly good old ones a year ago when installing an "all inclusive" Fabtech 6'' that had ALL parts installed in it (diff, axles LCA's, knuckles, brakes etc). Too bad I didn't notice them then.

So, if you have them available please let me know!!! I appreciate it!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY_TRIPP View Post
Hello All,

I developed a pretty wicked shimmy and shake, especially turning right, around 65 MPH. Also a squeak that is there at low speeds, like parking lots, that drives me nuts! I'm 95% sure I need LCA's (bushings) considering last month I replaced Upper/Lower BJ's and Inner/Outer Tie Rods. And last summer I replaced the wheel bearings and R&P bushings. All to tighten up the front end. Now for the final pieces. I have been told pretty unanimously to simply replace the LCA's instead of just the bushings. Which pisses me off b/c I threw away my perfectly good old ones a year ago when installing an "all inclusive" Fabtech 6'' that had ALL parts installed in it (diff, axles LCA's, knuckles, brakes etc). Too bad I didn't notice them then.

So, if you have them available please let me know!!! I appreciate it!
i doubt its your lcas. get it aligned and check it out. id put money its your steering rack bushings. I did mine today. they were horrid at 210k miles. ppl on ttora were replacing them as early as 30k miles into a tacos life with polyurethanes from Engery Suspension.

check it out, have someone jiggle the wheel while your looking at the steering rack, it shouldnt move, at all. my arms are long enough i can jiggle the wheel and look at the same time. theyre like 20 bucks from wheelers
Old 03-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #4

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
i doubt its your lcas. get it aligned and check it out. id put money its your steering rack bushings. I did mine today. they were horrid at 210k miles. ppl on ttora were replacing them as early as 30k miles into a tacos life with polyurethanes from Engery Suspension.

check it out, have someone jiggle the wheel while your looking at the steering rack, it shouldnt move, at all. my arms are long enough i can jiggle the wheel and look at the same time. theyre like 20 bucks from wheelers
I did the Energy Suspension polyurethanes last summer. AWESOME improvement in steering. Did an alignment then along with wheel bearing install. Also this weekend I disassembled the steering column and JB Welded the steering shaft. Also, AWESOME improvement. ZERO play in the wheel. The last thing would be the LCA's.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #5

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
in searched for used ones almost impossibe to find and a bitch to rebuild...pm camelback toyota there in the vendors section and great to deal with and super cheap for oem stuff
I will. Thank you for the information!!