Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

How much for non running 95 tacoma

Old 03-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
How much for non running 95 tacoma

My roommate has a Tacoma (95 2.4L 160k miles) that we are assuming the engine is seized. Stopped running and i went out and looked at it.
Found a 4 inch tear on the intake(more like a gap) inbetween the Maf and Throttle body.

He said for the past few months he has been loosing power and now it wont start whatsoever.

He is looking to sell it now. I'm kinda looking for a ballpark range to sell it.

I called "Cash for Clunkers" and they quoted me $150!!!
I know for sure it will go for more than that.

The funny thing is they called back within 5 min and told me they had a buyer offering 800. (i told her i was trying to get 700 in the first phone call)

What do you guys think?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
Banned
prerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud of
prerantaco's Tacoma Gallery
well first if its really a tacoma with 4x4, it has a 2.7, not a 2.4.

and it depends what is wrong with it. but i would say for 800 it should sell in a couple days.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerantaco View Post
well first if its really a tacoma with 4x4, it has a 2.7, not a 2.4.

and it depends what is wrong with it. but i would say for 800 it should sell in a couple days.
Edited! I don't know to much about the first gens but i know it has 4 wheel drive!

Thanks for the input!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
where you at i may be able to swing 800
Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #5

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a couple pics of it. He has no idea what to ask for and doesn't want to get low balled. Figured i'd ask for the help of Tacomaworld (:

Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #6

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
where you at i may be able to swing 800
Oregon! (:
Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
nvm then....too far
Old 03-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
RGosen is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 1st Battalion
Name: Christ would now agree, don't get yourself nailed to a tree
RGosen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
My roommate has a Tacoma (95 2.4L 160k miles) that we are assuming the engine is seized. Stopped running and i went out and looked at it.
Found a 4 inch tear on the intake(more like a gap) inbetween the Maf and Throttle body.

He said for the past few months he has been loosing power and now it wont start whatsoever.

He is looking to sell it now. I'm kinda looking for a ballpark range to sell it.

I called "Cash for Clunkers" and they quoted me $150!!!
I know for sure it will go for more than that.

The funny thing is they called back within 5 min and told me they had a buyer offering 800. (i told her i was trying to get 700 in the first phone call)

What do you guys think?
damn I would buy it hands down for 800 if near me..Just loosing power that could be a bunch of simple things to fix..why doesnt he just check a few things and fix it
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #9

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGosen View Post
damn I would buy it hands down for 800 if near me..Just loosing power that could be a bunch of simple things to fix..why doesnt he just check a few things and fix it

Well he is leaving in less than a month to move to Peru. He was going to sell it anyways. I wish i had they money! I would scoop it up to!

He already changed the spark plugs. (before i found the hole)
I cleaned maf and throttle body.
Truck is getting power but wont turn over or move the slightest.
He also just informed me he has been running on 3 cylinders for a month or so.

So as soon as he switched plugs to fix the 4th cylinder it fired up great, he turned it off and went back out 5 min later.... Woundn't start.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #10

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
And he is thinking that when he tried starting it the second time, it blew a hole in the intake.

What could cause that?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Its prolly something real simple, start or not I would say it is still worth 1500
Old 03-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #12
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post
Its prolly something real simple, start or not I would say it is still worth 1500
At least that!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Tacoma Susp. Confuses Me
e34croak is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
e34croak's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #14
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Easy check to see if it spins free: put a socket on the crank pulley and see if it will turn (easier with plugs out of course). I would give you 1500 cash if I was closer
Old 03-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Never mind my email... I just figured out you're in Salem OR. But if anyone knows of someone needing or wanting a 2002 Tacoma (4WD SR5) in great working condition take a look and please leave comments on anything.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ford-sale.html

(I love shamelessly advertising... okay not really but hey buy my truck or let me know if the posting looks good.)
Old 03-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #16

RGosen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post

Yup easy..I would pay that just for parts
Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #17

RGosen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
And he is thinking that when he tried starting it the second time, it blew a hole in the intake.

What could cause that?
jesus why are these deals never near me lol I have people wanting more than 1500 just for two doors for a 2001 tacoma lol
Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #19
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
If the crack is between the maf and the throttle body thats unmetered airflow and can definitely cause the engine to die or run rough. *seems* like a good deal for $1500. Hows the frame?
Old 03-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #20

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
If the crack is between the maf and the throttle body thats unmetered airflow and can definitely cause the engine to die or run rough. *seems* like a good deal for $1500. Hows the frame?
The frame is good! no problems there. We have been out there working on it. we got it to halfway turn over. But the started just clicks.

It has has starting problems in the past. Starter was replaced. Ignition cylinder was replaced. and hadn't had any problems recently except for in cold weather it would click.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?