Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: Scion T1814 stereo cd player $40

Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Scion T1814 stereo cd player $40

I bought this to put in my Tacoma but never got around to installing it.
It would require modification of the bezel as the Scion units are a little bit wider than the Toyotas but it is plug-n-play other than that as the Scion head units use the standard Toyota plugs.

I have over $100 invested in this unit but it is not being used and needs to go.
$40 plus actual shipping.

PM me if interested.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
what year scion did the stereo come out of?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a USB hookup on it? I see the button, but no jack
Old 03-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Is there a USB hookup on it? I see the button, but no jack
it would be one that used an adapter in the rear of the deck or the hook up in the center console on scions
Old 03-13-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

There was a thread on another of the forums where you could solder in a USB cable to allow it to access an Ipod http://www.toyota-4runner.org/audio-...stalled-3.html
I thought it would be a fun project but I did not have any luck with this and was going to buy the Scion cable to allow an Ipod to be hooked up to it.
Here is a pic that I "borrowed" showing it installed in a 1997 4Runner.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditstpk View Post
what year scion did the stereo come out of?
I think it came out of a 2011 Scion TC if I remember correctly.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
I put one of these in my wife's 4Runner and added the Aux input using a harness I got out of a Yaris. It is a pretty nice sounding radio for an OEM head unit. Also, the T4R forums have a good bit of info on the swaps and the mods needed to hook up an aux input without buying the factory plugs (search "R28 mod")

Good luck with the sale!