Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: 1995 Tacoma 4x4 $3500

Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
SOLD.

Ok it pains me to do this but I am trying to gauge interest in my baby.
I am putting up for sale my 1995.5 Toyota Tacoma 4x4.
Looking to get $3500 out of it.
It is a regular cab
It has an automatic transmission and the 2.7 engine
White with blue interior
185,000 miles
Decent paint (a few chips on hood from rocks nothing that can't be touched up)
Very few (if any) dents
Very straight body. No accidents that I am aware of.

It has Air Conditioning (works great), remote keyless entry/power door locks (aftermarket), Cruise control (aftermarket)
Line X bed liner, Hitch, Toolbox, Sliding rear window

Currently has 265 75 16 BFG A/Ts on 16 inch Toyota wheels (the front two tires need replacing).
I also have a set of 15 inch Toyota wheels that have 31X1050X15 BFG A/Ts that came on the truck that I will include in the sale. The 31X1050s have a little bit of tread on them but not a whole lot.

Has Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks in front.
Has OME 880 coils in front (on lowest setting so you can easily add some more lift by moving the spring perch up). Differential drop. Approximately 2 inches of lift in the front.
Currently has brand new pro comp leaf springs in rear but these gave the rear a little bit too much lift so I ordered new OE sized leaf springs. The new springs will be included in the sale along with an Icon Add A Leaf that can be installed with the springs.

Older Alpine CD player with Sony amp.
Hella front headlights

The great thing about this truck is it has NO RUST. This truck has a very clean chassis.

It is currently my daily driver but it has developed some engine trouble. It is still drivable (I just drove it 100 miles yesterday) but it will probably need some engine work soon. I believe that it is going to need a new cylinder head based on the leak down test I had performed. I just donít have the money to put into it right now so I am looking to sale my baby.
I would prefer to sale it to a tacomaworld member that will appreciate it.

This is the vehicle that I have used to do many writeups on including the widely popular How to change your spark plugs (15000+ views)
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...fe-engine.html
AND
How to fix a clicking starter (4900 views) http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...fe-engine.html
So you can tell by my write ups that I have tried to maintain the vehicle.

This could be the deal of a lifetime!
I expect it to sale quickly.
I have the title in hand ready to be delivered to a new member.
PM me if you have the cash and want to purchase it.
You know how it works....first one with the cash that shows up at my front door gets it!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If anyone is interested in it make me a reasonable offer.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
If it was a 5 spd v6 I could live with it bein a regular cab but I don't like automatics but glws
Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #5

Never heard of a V6 in a regular cab. Im sure there is someone out there that has done it though. Would be sweet.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Clean truck man glws
Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
Never heard of a V6 in a regular cab. Im sure there is someone out there that has done it though. Would be sweet.
95.5-97 you could get the 3.4 stock in a reg cab. GLWS
Old 03-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck.. Looks newer than a 95 though. Probably just because it's so clean. GLWS!

What toolbox do you have?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonantel View Post
Sweet truck.. Looks newer than a 95 though. Probably just because it's so clean. GLWS!

What toolbox do you have?
I just got the toolbox off craigslist. It didn't have a brand on it.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #11

Ok I've lowered the price to $2800 for a tacomaworld.com member.
Will be putting on craigslist mid week if no member is interested.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #12
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. If I wasn't about to buy a house I'd be all over this. Glws. Awesome deal
Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #13
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
You still have this truck I am in Jacksonville NC I am close
Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
ugamatt is on a distinguished road
Name: matt
ugamatt's Tacoma Gallery
sent you a message in your inbox
Old 03-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Whoever gets this for $2800 is lucky! Makes me want to buy it just to have!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Whoever gets this for $2800 is lucky! Makes me want to buy it just to have!
+1
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #17

I think I put my price WAY too low. Any way its a nice truck. I can hop in it and drive anywhere right now. It drives fine. 4x4 works fine.

Like I have stated it will need some engine work at some point but you can always do like my mechanic said "drive it till it blows up and put another engine in it." I don't think it is anywhere near blowing up but I want to make folks understand that it will need some engine work at some point (but then again what vehicle doesn't).

Oh yeah even with the lift and the bad engine I am still getting around 15 miles per gallon. Not too shabby IMO.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #18
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdracing5 View Post
I think I put my price WAY too low. Any way its a nice truck. I can hop in it and drive anywhere right now. It drives fine. 4x4 works fine.

Like I have stated it will need some engine work at some point but you can always do like my mechanic said "drive it till it blows up and put another engine in it." I don't think it is anywhere near blowing up but I want to make folks understand that it will need some engine work at some point (but then again what vehicle doesn't).

Oh yeah even with the lift and the bad engine I am still getting around 15 miles per gallon. Not too shabby IMO.
What do you think needs to be done to it? Just needs a rebuild or what?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
What do you think needs to be done to it? Just needs a rebuild or what?
I think it needs cylinder head work. It still runs. I drive it every day.
I think that some of the valves are burnt and it needs to have the cylinder head rebuilt. Rebuilt cylinder head is around $500.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TACOM...-/160887572193
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #20

The chassis is CLEAN. The local toyota mechanic told me that it was unfortunate that I had such a clean chassis. If I had any rust on it I would have qualified for a $8000 buy back from Toyota. Just my luck.