Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: Bed Cap/Topper for Regular Cab 6' box near MI

Old 04-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Tenderfoot
joyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ken
joyotaco's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Bed Cap/Topper for Regular Cab 6' box near MI

I've been searching for a used one for nearly a year now and have been rather surprised at how hard it's been to find one for a regular cab! The extended cab caps litter Craigslist like crazy. Almost to the point that I've actually started considering selling the truck and buying an extended cab so I can find a cap for my truck. I'm not there yet though...

If you've got a black regular cab fiberglass cap in decent shape, definitely get in touch with me. At this point, I might just take any color cap you've got. Let me know!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Tenderfoot
joyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to behold

Bump
Old 04-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
hk499 is on a distinguished road
hk499's Tacoma Gallery
Do a search on autotrader and see if you can find any used trucks with caps and then contact the dealers/sellers. This is what I'm doing to find one
Old 04-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
Tenderfoot

Hmm, not a bad idea. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
Don't the reg. cab and the extended cab have the same bed?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwilson74 View Post
Don't the reg. cab and the extended cab have the same bed?
Yes but the leading edge of the respective toppers are different.

For a reg cab, the leading edge is near vertical, for the xcab the leading edge has a forward curve to it. If he were to put an xcab topper on his regular cab it would more than likely rub the back of the cab.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
Tenderfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Yes but the leading edge of the respective toppers are different.

For a reg cab, the leading edge is near vertical, for the xcab the leading edge has a forward curve to it. If he were to put an xcab topper on his regular cab it would more than likely rub the back of the cab.
Bingo! Hence the difficulty I'm having.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
Got it. I learned something new today.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
Tenderfoot

Found one. Mods can re-title this thread or delete.

Found one at a used cap dealer in Edinburgh, PA. Henley's Truck Cap Center. Color's different and there's a bunch of paint chips, but I'll probably paint it sometime soon. Got it for $375 plus $100 for installation which included hooking up the third brake light with a wiring harness so it's easy to remove, new foam tape for the rails, new clamps, a new lock/handle and new struts for the rear window. Only problem is the bottom trim piece on the rear window has a big chunk missing, but I don't care that much.

Thanks,

Old 04-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #10
The bees know...
Aquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to allAquatic Tacoma is a name known to all

Navy: NavAir Reconn
Aquatic Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I was in your shoes a couple years ago. I went to adhuntr.com and found a truck a dealer was selling, nearby and asked if I could buy the cap. Most dealers don't want caps on their trucks they're selling. I still need to paint it, but it works. Good luck.