Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

looking to buy first tacoma

Old 04-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
TRD4x467 is on a distinguished road
TRD4x467's Tacoma Gallery
looking to buy first tacoma

There is a guy that goes to my school and is currently looking to sell his tacoma. Im interested but im not 100% on the specs as i havent talked to the owner yet. But what ive heard it has around it has 170,000 miles on it. its a v6 5speed sr5 4wd. it has wet okoles, bucket seats and i think 33 inch tires. ive heard hes asking for something like 13k for it because of the work hes put into it. what do you guys think is a fair price?
Attached Thumbnails
looking to buy first tacoma-087.jpg   looking to buy first tacoma-088.jpg   looking to buy first tacoma-089.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
$8-9k max on that truck I'd say. Appears like your basic lift, some black wheels, and a coat of wax. It's a 98-2000, so it's kind of older with a good bit of miles. Can find those all day in that price range.
13 is what the guys with the mint 03 and 04s are asking. Key word being asking too.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
SAY MY NAME
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Just remember upgrades that he did doesn't increase the trucks value. When you get the details for the truck look it up on kbb or something similar to get a close value.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a newer but similar built truck for reference. This is actually one of the cheaper 04s I've seen on here. Surprised it hasn't been snagged up. I would look into this one if I were in the market.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-trd-sale.html
Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
it looks nice, but not nice enough to think he can get 13k for it..
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
pklintworth is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
pklintworth's Tacoma Gallery
13k is way over priced i had recently bought an 02 for 6k with less milage on it and more stuff done to it such as air intake headers and exhaust system lift kit brand new shocks and breaks. dont over pay for after market stuff hes just trying to make up for what he has into it but the lift doesnt make the price go up that much.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
pklintworth is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
pklintworth's Tacoma Gallery
7 to 8k
Old 04-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah as others said probably 7-8 k , looks pretty basic
Old 04-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
professional trousersnake charmer
RJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ/Mike Hauncho/HeavyHands
RJ MacReady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
$8-9k max on that truck I'd say. Appears like your basic lift, some black wheels, and a coat of wax. It's a 98-2000, so it's kind of older with a good bit of miles. Can find those all day in that price range.
13 is what the guys with the mint 03 and 04s are asking. Key word being asking too.
this....its a very basic lift & even if it looks alright, remember the mileage...do a leakdown/compression test ALWAYS
Old 04-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Hell I'd sell you mine for 13k
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #11
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i paid 3k for mine just like this. Just not lifted
Old 05-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
kurts74 is on a distinguished road
kurts74's Tacoma Gallery
6 months ago I sold my 98 for 9k. 135k miles same set up at the one you are looking at V6...with camper shell full size spare. Mine was in a little rougher shape but I agree 13 is too much.

Hey did you see this one...
1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 SR5 Extra Cab - $9100 MT
Just above you if your in UT.