Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

1996 Toyota Tacoma STD Cab 5 Speed

Old 05-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
1996 Toyota Tacoma STD Cab 5 Speed

Since buying a new Tacoma, I'm saying goodbye to my 1st Gen.

SOLD

It has alloy wheels and new tires.

It's a base model, standard cab, short bed, 5 speed manual transmission. It has a stock 4 cyl 2.4 DOHC engine with an 8 port head and 8 port intake manifold.

I installed an LCEngineering exhaust header on it about 10 years ago. The engine runs like it's brand new, and gets very good gas mileage: 23/28MPG.

It has a unique rear bumper exit exhaust.

This is a sound clip of the exhaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLPONZaPD0

I bought it new in January 1996 and have owned it for 17 years. This model was made in Japan. It has been driven easy and never abused. Fresh oil and new filter every 3,000 miles. Synthetic oil in trans and rear end.

The interior is excellent. I've had seat covers on it since I bought it, so the upholstery looks brand new.

Asking $5,500 or best offer.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Bump... now it's $4,500 or best offer.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Another bump. It's now $4,000.
I'll just keep dropping the price until someone buys it.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeffz0rz's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck. Bummer you're getting rid of it. Great price for a near mint truck.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is in great shape! Too bad you're across the country, I need to find a DD to keep my gas bill down.
edit: nevermind, I see the radio now.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
If u were on the other coast I could have this one sold. Glws!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Being a totally Southern California truck, there isn't one speck of rust on the frame.

(shameless bump... )
Old 05-15-2013, 04:49 AM   #8
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
^ someone's gonna get lucky
Old 05-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #9
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Two guys coming Friday afternoon to look at it, and one on Saturday.

This is a good lesson in the free market. When I first put it up for sale for on craigslist and recycler, $5,500 was unreasonably above the market. Once I dropped it to $4,000 I've been getting lots of calls. I had initially priced it higher because of its excellent mechanical condition, one owner, good maintenance, and gentle driving, but the market doesn't recognize things like that. It only recognizes the price in relation to all of the other prices. So $4,000 is right on the market and it will sell for $4,000.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
SOLD $4,000