Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WANTED. MIRRORS FROM 01-04

Old 05-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
WANTED. MIRRORS FROM 01-04

I am looking for some black power or none power bigger style black mirrors for my 1998 tacoma. I dont think I want ebay mirrors. I have heard alot of negative things about them
Old 05-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck finding those...
purdy damn pricey if new.

BTW... those are described as the "off road" mirrors.

I bought the ebay junk from "radiator classic"

1st round the passenger mirror look like a fun house mirror
when trying to view thru.

Driver's side was fine.

But I had to return both to get replacements.

New passenger mirror was fine...
but then the replacement drivers mirror began to vibrate some.
It's not the housing... just the glass piece.

So I guess the factory mirrors would be the best choice
And as well... the best quality.

Think I'll eventually take my driver's side mirror apart
and see what can be done to tighten that up some.

btw... I went this route because factory used mirrors are
somewhat pricey and difficult to find for sale.

Anyone else ever take these apart ? (even the originals)
might help for me to see what is going on inside of the housing.

I believe the mirror glass mounts to a bracket
that is inserted as a ball end into a cup.
I think that may be where this vibration stems from.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
fouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfouillard13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Riley
fouillard13's Tacoma Gallery
just found a set at the wreckers for 75 bucks i love em