Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Black 01-04 Double Cab Can Back (authentic)

Old 05-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Black 01-04 Double Cab Can Back (authentic)

Testing the waters here. I want a new Hypertherm plasma cutter and I think selling the Can Back will get me most of the way there. These are very tough to get through Can Back and cost $1200 brand new. I believe mine, given the shape its in, is worth every bit of $800. The nice thing about these tops are you can have a roof rack on top and hold about 100lbs, unlike other soft tops that fold up. All you need is the custom brackets and cross bars to hold a rack up top.

I bought this a couple years ago so the canvas is that old; it was brand new when I bought it. Its still in great shape though, no fading or tears anywhere. Actually the soft Velcro is fading, you can see it in the pictures. The only other issue is where the velcro is coming off on the rear hatch part on the corners but it still seals fine.

I would prefer to not ship because finding a box would be a pain in the ass. Local bay area (norcal) people only!

This soft top gets a lot of compliments wherever I go and most are amazed how well it holds up to the elements and how "rugged" it looks. I hate to get rid of it because you never see this type of soft top around, mainly the fold up ones but with the direction my truck build is going, I don't forsee the Can Back staying long term and can see more use out of a plasma in the future.

I installed an LED brake light that wasn't cheap. All you need to do is run some wires and it will work on your truck. Piece of cake!

PM with questions!
Attached Thumbnails
Black 01-04 Double Cab Can Back (authentic)-7.jpg   Black 01-04 Double Cab Can Back (authentic)-8.jpg  
Old 05-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Offers, anyone?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
This thing is pretty cool. Maybe you can fit this on a second gen. I know mine fits both.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
This thing is pretty cool. Maybe you can fit this on a second gen. I know mine fits both.
Now you've got me curious. Anyone with an 05+, your bed is not safe! I will be on a hunt for a bed to measure
Old 05-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
lol hopefully it will broaden your potential buyers. good luck!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
lol hopefully it will broaden your potential buyers. good luck!
Thanks Ruben.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
if i was on other side of coast i would buy
Old 05-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, sometimes I wish I was on the other coast

Do I hear $700??
Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
WUT?

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Canvas is sold. See my other post for the frame.