1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1998 4X4 5sp 4cyl

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by Holy Smoke, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Jul 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Price it at $8k and it'll sell fairly quickly, but you'll be fighting off lowball offers and maybe end up selling for $7500.

Price it at $10k and you'll get $8k for it, but it'll hang on the market for months before people start calling offering $7500 and letting you work them up to $8k.

People see $10k and they figure there's no way the seller will come down to $6k, so you don't even get offers.
    Price it at $8k and they'll give it a shot.

I had a primo Duramax on the market for 6 months at $5k under KBB and it never sold. I made the mistake of pricing it at where I needed to be to pay it off, rather than pricing it a bit higher and letting people work me down to what I needed out of it... but I figured pricing it at $35k, I wouldn't have gotten any offers.

2. Jul 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke [OP] Member

Member:
    Apex NC
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma 2006 Tundra
    100% stock
    I just added the selling price

3. Jul 20, 2013 at 6:08 AM
    novermyhead

novermyhead Member

Member:
    @ Holy Smoke - I'm interested. Live in Wilmington, drop me a e-mail and tell me about:
    Original T-belt?
    Original exhaust manifold?
    I am guessing yes to the questions as you said it is original.
    I am 70 years old and don't have enough time left to spend any of it negotiating, just tell me your best cash price. I can get the Admiral to drive us to Apex this weekend.

Capt. Ed

mroplanner@yahoo.com

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top