Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: 2003-2004 DoubleCab TRD Off-Road Tacoma

Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
Stick
nstickney is on a distinguished road

Army: CPT, UH-60L, U.S. Army
Name: Stick
nstickney's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: 2003-2004 DoubleCab TRD Off-Road Tacoma

Looking for a low-mileage TRD Off-Road (4x4) DoubleCab. No long travel builds but I don't mind small mods. Up to $20,000 near the following cities (visiting them all on an upcoming trip): Madison, WI; Cleveland, OH; Temple, TX; Enterprise, AL.

I know I'm basically looking for the Holy Grail, but it can't hurt to ask, right?
Old 07-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
Stick

Talking Bought One

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstickney View Post
I know I'm basically looking for the Holy Grail, but it can't hurt to ask, right?
After more than a year of lurking on TacomaWorld and six months of searching (well, searching online since I was overseas at the time), I finally found one:

Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
sull625 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dave
sull625's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck! What mileage ya have on er?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
Stick

Thumbs up Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sull625 View Post
What mileage ya have on er?
Paid $17,600 sight unseen (I know, it's crazy, but I couldn't not buy it); mileage was 43,686 when I signed the paperwork. It's a 4x4 SR5 DC V6 TRD Off-Road in Super White... so beautiful.

Speaking of, you got a great looking truck there too Sull!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta love a white first gen! Now just take that brush guard off haha
Old 07-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #6
Stick

Cool Brush Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
Now just take that brush guard off haha
That will definitely be mod #1... Anyone want to buy a brush guard? Fits 2004 Toyota Tacoma!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #7
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the brush guard throw a 3 inch lift on it and it is good to go
Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 AM   #8
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agree on the 3 inch part. Then it'd be just like mine lol
Old 07-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #9
Stick

Question Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Keep the brush guard throw a 3 inch lift on it and it is good to go
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
Agree on the 3 inch part. Then it'd be just like mine lol
Definitely going to get a lift just as soon as I get some time - been looking at the ToyTec Old Man Emu suspension; 883s in the front and Dakar upgrade in back. Hoping to get 3" in front and bring the rear up level. I don't want to do any block/spacer lifting (the wife hates lifts) but I definitely want to improve the suspension. Next thing after that, obviously, is tires....
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #10
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You will find if you go off roaring a brush guard is nice if you need it if not then just sell it
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #11
Run it

Yeah, I've got spacers and they're horrible...
Old 07-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #12
Stick

Cool Brush Guard V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
You will find if you go off roaring a brush guard is nice if you need it if not then just sell it
Yeah, I'm sure I may want it on there eventually but I definitely don't like the look of it stock. Maybe if I get some lights mounted or something....
Old 07-15-2013, 02:15 AM   #13

Put some lights on it and then it would look sick
Old 07-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #14
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful 1st gen OP! Congrats man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstickney View Post
Definitely going to get a lift just as soon as I get some time - been looking at the ToyTec Old Man Emu suspension; 883s in the front and Dakar upgrade in back. Hoping to get 3" in front and bring the rear up level. I don't want to do any block/spacer lifting (the wife hates lifts) but I definitely want to improve the suspension. Next thing after that, obviously, is tires....
I have the same set up... 883 & dakars w/ nitrocharger sports. I love it!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #15
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome!!! noticed NY seller, what is the frame like?

curious since it is the salty northeast....
Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #16
Stick

Red face Rusty Truck from NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
noticed NY seller, what is the frame like? curious since it is the salty northeast....
I was worried about the same thing, and there is definitely some rust, but the frame is sound. I looked at the maintenance records and... original owner bought the undercoating. Twice. Which is great for me, and I'm definitely working a rust mitigation program (thankfully this'll be my daily driver in Alabama, so no salty roads for it anymore).

Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
sull625 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dave
sull625's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I love my pickup. Wish mine had the mileage yours does but love it just the same. If you really don't want that brush guard I would take it off ur hands.