Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

For SALE: 2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 / TRD Xtra-Cab - New Jersey

Old 07-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Cichlidgeek is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Cichlidgeek's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation SOLD !!! For SALE: 2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 / TRD Xtra-Cab - New Jersey

I am offering my 2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 / TRD Xtra-Cab for sale here. This will be the most honest FOR-SALE Ad that you will ever see!

Basically, I am 100% guilty of not taking care of this truck the way that I should have. I admit it.

At 44,000 miles +/- I had to have the engine completely rebuilt due to engine sludge build up. That cost me $5k at the time. Ever since then the engine has seen nothing but Mobil 1 full synthetic motor oil. I have done many of the oil changes since then myself, at around 5K each +/-.

SPECS:
225,000 miles!!!
TRD / SR5 package
Aluminum rims.
Fairly new tires with great tread left on them.
Power steering, windows, and door locks.
Manual 5-speed transmission.
Push-button 4WD.
Cruise control.
Cloth seats.
Rubber floor mats.
Xtra-Cab.
Bed liner.
A/C - theoretically.

THE GOOD:
225,000 miles!!!
I am the original owner and bought it new off the showroom floor in October 2002!
Engine runs strong.
Transmission runs strong, and shifts smooth.
Gear oil on both front and rear differentials changed last year - 5k miles ago (don't use this truck much any more).
Clutch is still good for now, but is original.
Still gets pretty good gas mileage, at around 14 miles per gallon.

THE BAD:
225,000 miles!!!
Old inspection, will not pass inspection in current condition due to check engine light staying on.
Exhaust leak.
Bad O2 sensor (front I think).
Broken leaf spring on driver's side.
Windshield wipers squeak - makes me nuts.
Clutch pedal squeaks, but clutch still works fine. Getting a little spongy.
The A/C has not worked in a few years, but was told the system just needs to be recharged.

THE UGLY:
Front end damage. Hit a tree while baiting my deer stand circa 2006 ---- never fixed.
Rust starting on some parts of body, but nothing deep.
Corrosion on aluminum rims.
Regular dings and dents that would be expected on an 11-year-old truck that has been well used.
Truck is filthy. I have not had the time to get it cleaned or detailed in a long time.

PHOTOS:

Again, I am all about the honesty. I invite as many questions as possible. I will also admit that I am not much of a car / truck guru so I may not know all the terms and names for all of the parts etc....in any case, I will take photos of whatever you may want to see.

The best way to reach me is via email cichlidgeek@yahoo.com or feel free to call me, but please email or PM me here for my number.

I would like to get $5000.00 for this truck, but I am open to offers. I was told the bluebook value of this truck in this condition was in the upper $6000.00 range, but I think that is too high.

I am easy to work with and don't want any hassles. If my asking price is too high then please tell me. I don't use this truck very much any more and would like to see it go to someone who will use it and have fun with it.

Thanks for looking.

-----Brian
Old 07-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Cichlidgeek is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Cichlidgeek's Tacoma Gallery
Honesty really is the best policy...................SOLD!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
shift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to behold
shift96's Tacoma Gallery
duct tape on the broken leaf spring...that is AWESOME!

congrates on the sale
Old 07-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on selling it , how much did you get out of it
Old 07-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dang sold in three days!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
my only concern would be the frame, the rest is easy to fix....

bought mine three years ago in Cali for $5000, but it needed work, dumped about $1500 into it right away (tires, bilsteins, tie rods and steering box bushings)....they are indestructible....

congrats on the quick sale...
Old 07-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
novermyhead is on a distinguished road
novermyhead's Tacoma Gallery
post SOLD please

Truck is sold according to thread
Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
hahahaha @ the duct tape on the leaf spring
awesome.
that is all