Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

ARB locker for the 8.4

Old 07-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
ARB locker for the 8.4

sold

So I ended up picking this up but Got An E locker so I'm looking to get rid of this. I'm asking the same I got It for $400 or trade for A front locker, CB, lights, UCAs or ?

I'm located in San Mateo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
ARB locker for the 8.4"

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/3845858199.html

h9sn9-3845858199@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-06-02, 10:31PM PDT
ARB AIR LOCKER TACOMA T 100 - $400 (morgan hill)

Arb air locker is in great shape. Includes all new seals and carrier bearing still in packages. Only thing it needs is a new copper line for the seal housing. This thing has seen almost zero use.

RD 89 fits Tacoma's 1995-2004
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 07-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Rd89?? Isn't the rear a rd129??
rd89 is the non e-locker rear. I almost bought this off CL until I realized it doesn't work in the front.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #6

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Rd89?? Isn't the rear a rd129??
The Rd129 Replaced it.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Any reason why the RD89 was replaced by the RD129? Were there problems with it?
I am considering this locker if it will work on my truck. I have to check since the RD89 does not show up on the ARB website any longer. ARB DOES show that the RD129 is the right one, but I don't want to spend the $$ until I know for sure.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #8
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
^The main advantage to the 129 over the 89 is the way you can take it apart. With the 89 you have to split (i.e. break) the bearing to get it apart for rebuild. The 129 you don't. Also the seal housing was updated, but the OP already has the the seal housing upgrade. I'm running an 89 and am loving life. I rebuilt it and you can't tell the difference from the driver's seat. Plus ARB still supports it, with their amazing customer service. (they've sent me part for free just for the heck of it)

If I were in the market for a locker, this is a good deal. Looks like he's got all the parts to rebuild it already. So just replace all the 0-rings, seals, seal housing and bearing, then install.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

When you say split or break the bearing apart, normally in the shop we just use a press and bearing puller. Are you saying that those wont work? According to the pics, the bearings are not installed, so I suspect I could just rebuild it pretty easy I would think. I have had the newer ones apart, just not seen this particular one.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, his isn't installed, which is perfect. It has been a few years since I looked inside one of these, so I can't remember exactly why we had to split it... What I do remember is that we had to take a chisel and crack the old bearing and actually physically split it in half to get the end off of the locker. From what I remember the bearing is a press fit and you need to get behind it. We, initially, tried a puller of some sort, but that looked like it was going to mangle the inside of the locker, so we just decided to break the bearing. I called ARB and they said that removing the bearing, with out breaking it was "possible". They also said it was very difficult. Long story short, the easy way to do it was to break the bearing apart and just replace it with a new one. Sorry I can't remember more. If I run into my mechanic buddy (who did most of the rebuild) I'll ask him what we were up to... I must be getting old with this memory of mine...
Old 07-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #11

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I agree With lumpskie, Buy It!

Thanks all The Info Lumskie! +1 To You Sir!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #12
ASE Master Tech

I have to get the money together. If you can sell it, don't wait on me. I may need a week or two. I have a Yukon Gears rear mechanical locker that is the wrong one for my truck, and I need to sell it. It's for a 1st gen V6.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #13

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I have to get the money together. If you can sell it, don't wait on me. I may need a week or two. I have a Yukon Gears rear mechanical locker that is the wrong one for my truck, and I need to sell it. It's for a 1st gen V6.
Let me know! People aren't jumping all over this, im guessing cause it's the old style but from what I've read they're just as good. So it might still be here
Old 07-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #15

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
And you can have it...

Just gotta pay me first
Old 07-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #17

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
now its Double For You!

Old 07-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #19

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
You're Asking For It bud