Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Is this a good deal?

View Poll Results: Do you think it's a good deal?
Yes 5 11.63%
No 38 88.37%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Gruber is on a distinguished road
Gruber's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a good deal?

Someone in my town is selling their '96 Tacoma, and I'm considering buying it. Do you guys think this is a good deal?
He just did the head gasket and timing, according to the ad. Not pictured is a big dent in the rear right fender. Listed at $5,600.
Attached Thumbnails
Is this a good deal?-344173_1623plnbktpi6cr9.jpg   Is this a good deal?-344173_1600ryhswlh8rpat.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery

shitbox
Old 08-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I have to assume it has 1,000,000 miles on it and is completed toasted based on information provided.

edit; even if it's a decent vehicle and a "good deal" i'd still knock off the cost of new tires, looks like that'll be a purchase here soon and probably a part of the reason its being sold besides the PITA it probably has been to PO.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Need more info. Post ad please
Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
Gruber's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMoose View Post
Need more info. Post ad please
http://www.fsjnow.com/classifieds/de...?siteid=344173
Old 08-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #6
stumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: spamuel
stumpjumper509's Tacoma Gallery
no wait for a good truck to come along. he dont even have the miles listed
Old 08-13-2013, 02:52 AM   #7
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
I say pass; I got my 95.5 from a Toyota Dealership for $5,1xxx out of the door
It had a pile of miles on it; but, was in excellent shape

This thing looks like it's been wheeled HARD
And despite people wanting returns on the money they've spent on mods; all that stuff DECREASES the market-value of the vehicle
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
hurley842002 has a spectacular aura abouthurley842002 has a spectacular aura abouthurley842002 has a spectacular aura about

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dan
hurley842002's Tacoma Gallery
Are my eyes deceiving me, or are there light tabs welded to the chrome bumper? If so, what other half assed jobs have been done to this truck....
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #9
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I think you can do better for that price.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Ask for the mechanics report or receipt from the head gasket and timing, if he doesn't have that or claims he did it himself, walk away.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #11
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Based on pics alone, it looks like that truck has been through hell and back. I'd most certainly pass on it.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
Gruber's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, thanks you guys, I'll wait for something better to come along.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
Freeflight7 is on a distinguished road
Name: Sam
Freeflight7's Tacoma Gallery
The price is way to high. I paid $5,500 for a 97 three times better shape than that's in. Wait for a nice truck. They are hard to come by, but worth the wait.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #15
Tacoma Susp. Confuses Me
e34croak is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
e34croak's Tacoma Gallery
no.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah definitely wait, with time you'll find a much better one
Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber View Post
Alright, thanks you guys, I'll wait for something better to come along.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:25 AM   #18
garetcurry is on a distinguished road

Army: Veteran
Name: Garet
garetcurry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley842002 View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me, or are there light tabs welded to the chrome bumper? If so, what other half assed jobs have been done to this truck....
I think you're right and there's slag all over the place... Wow.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #20
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Go look at it and take it for a long test drive if you really want it and look it over good! Best thing to do would be to get an obd 2 port scanner to scan it for codes