Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS: 1st Gen Swing-Open Tire Carrier

Old 08-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
FS: 1st Gen Swing-Open Tire Carrier

Hey TW,
I'm selling an Offroad PreRunner-Style Tire Carrier that I made over this summer. I built this as a fun project as a beginning welder. Since my last tire-carrier build, I had a few people interested in a tire-gate style that swings open for loading the bed.
  • This replaces the tailgate and mounts using 6 of the factory holes by the taillight, so no need to drill or cut anything.
  • I only tested a 33x10.5 tire with a 15x7 4.5" backspace rim, but could fit wider tires with a longer spinner mount and any wheel will work.
  • When it swings, you have to lift it slightly to get it back into the mounts, and the hitch pins take some muscle to get in, but it's not difficult.
  • Includes all hardware, hitch pins, ORI Urethane wheel mount, and spinner mount that has red lock-on Sette bike grips.
  • Painted with Duplicolor Bed Armor Spray Bed Liner.
  • I can weld on a cb antenna/whip/light tab if interested.
  • The two gussets on the tire-gate frame are the toyota logo and a bottle opener.
  • PM me for shipping quotes, but response may be delayed for packaging it to get a closer online estimate.
  • Payment via PayPal only.
SOLD
(wheel/tire not included)

Old 08-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6114 HMLA 773
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Damn you make these so Badass and they look like amazing quality. One day I will pick on up from you
GLWS Bump
Old 08-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
cr500taco will become famous soon enough

Name: D
cr500taco's Tacoma Gallery
Can it be flipped around to have more cargo space in the bed, like the TirGate one?

How much does it weigh?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #4
stumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: spamuel
stumpjumper509's Tacoma Gallery
^same questions. if its reversible id way rather buy it from you than tire gate
Old 08-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
Damn you make these so Badass and they look like amazing quality. One day I will pick on up from you
GLWS Bump
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr500taco View Post
Can it be flipped around to have more cargo space in the bed, like the TirGate one?

How much does it weigh?
I haven't tried to flip it outwards, but I doubt it since it's a tight and strong fit for the hinges to swing properly.

..and I haven't weighed it yet, but I will tonight and let you know!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
How much does it weigh?
Weighs in right around 40 pounds before packaging.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #7

I may be interested if it can be flipped around.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
I may be interested if it can be flipped around.
It could be done with this one with some minor modifications, but I just want to leave it as is for now.

I'll definitely take that into consideration if I make another one soon.

bump!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #9

Old 08-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
If you ever make one that is flush with the rear like a stock tailgate with a tire carrier id like to see it
Old 08-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
So you're making these or selling just the one (1)?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
If you ever make one that is flush with the rear like a stock tailgate with a tire carrier id like to see it
PM incoming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
So you're making these or selling just the one (1)?
I've made a few, but this one is for sale now.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #13
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
sick work!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
No Money. No Love.
SmogSUX is on a distinguished road

SmogSUX's Tacoma Gallery
Hit me up when you do one that goes outward instead of inward. I take my street bike to track events and the back tire sticks out a few inches...if it was outward and I could fit my bike in there I'd be all over this!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...ps5dd49d4d.jpg

You can kinda see that the middle of the tire sticks out a few inches.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #15
DC TRD MallRunner

bump!

Price is OBO, so hit me with an offer if interested.

The gate can be removed in under 5 mins if you need to haul anything longer than the bed, too!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #16
DC TRD MallRunner

bump!
I'll throw in this Blitzpro 3LR LED Amber Light too! It could be mounted on the tiregate if interested!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
DC TRD MallRunner

bump! lowered price!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #18
CorbitTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: corbit
CorbitTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Still for sale?????
Old 10-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #19
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbitTRD View Post
Still for sale?????
PM sent.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #20
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
I like your idea looks good
Glws