Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

2002 Toyota Tacoma Ext Cab V6 TRD 4x4 With Long Travel

Old 09-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
2002 Toyota Tacoma Ext Cab V6 TRD 4x4 With Long Travel

I'm selling a 2002 Toyota Tacoma ext cab V6 TRD edition 4x4 for my brother in law and hoping to get rid of it quick as he got a new car and doesn't want to keep paying insurance on it. The truck is located in Santa Cruz, CA.

SOLD!!!

Specs:
-Manual Transmission
-4x4
-155,000 miles on the 3.4L
-Lumber Rack
-Tool Box
-Camburg Long Travel up front with SAW coilover and reservoirs
-Prerunner Style Tube Bumper
-SAW reservoired rear shocks and unknown lift springs
-Unknown Fiberglass Fender Flares (3.5"?)
-SAW Bumpstops
-E-Locker
-295/75/16 BFG AT's
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-PIAA Fog Lights
-Flowmaster 50 Series

The truck will need some TLC. The shocks will need to be rebuilt and the bushings will need to be replaced. The engine runs great, but the tires will need to be replaced soon due to the tires wearing uneven. One of the CV's boot is torn, but the CV works great still. 4x4 works just as it should and the E-locker engages properly. The truck hasn't been jumped at all, but used as a work truck/DD. Perfect for someone to fix up if you know how to and take on the trails.

Looking to get $8,500 OBO
All offers will be considered as he is very motivated to sell.

I can get a lot more pictures if anyone is interested as he lives right next door.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
marintacoma is on a distinguished road

marintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like a good price! Just curious Why are there threads on the rear shocks?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks and I was wondering that too. I think they just used a threaded coilover in the back since it isn't a full LT back there. Maybe one of the LT guys can give some insight.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
Clown Baby is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
Clown Baby's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in parting out the front bumper? I can trade a stock + cash
Old 09-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
all SAW shocks have the threaded body, no option for a smooth body.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Thanks and I was wondering that too. I think they just used a threaded coilover in the back since it isn't a full LT back there. Maybe one of the LT guys can give some insight.
yeah if you wanted to a person can convert that threaded body shock into a coilover.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
4runner Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
Interested in parting out the front bumper? I can trade a stock + cash
No, not at this time. The bumper is welded to the frame so it would be a pain and a stock bumper would look pretty funny with the flares. I will let you know if anything changes though. Thanks for the interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
all SAW shocks have the threaded body, no option for a smooth body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
yeah if you wanted to a person can convert that threaded body shock into a coilover.
Thanks for the info guys!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I would swoop on this if I didn't already own 4 trucks lol
Old 09-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
4runner Troll

Haha too bad. I can give some TW members a good deal, they just want it gone. If it sits for much longer I may steal the LT for myself...
Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

For that price plus a possible "family" discount lol

It would be worth buying swapping front ends and in the process doing all the small maintenance and selling it for 9 grand all stock lol
Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
4runner Troll

I have really thought about that recently. My mother in law definitely would let me keep any parts I wanted, but I would have to source the stock parts. If it doesn't sell soon, I may actually do that.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have really thought about that recently. My mother in law definitely would let me keep any parts I wanted, but I would have to source the stock parts. If it doesn't sell soon, I may actually do that.

sounds like a damn good plan to me.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Stock parts? What is your 4 runner made of?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #14
4runner Troll

Haha well my stock coilovers are gone and the fenders dontd work as well as the bumper. Basically leaves me with lca's UCA's and cv's. I would need fenders, bumper, coils/shocks, rear shocks, stock leaf springs.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #15
Quote:
I'm about to do a full suspension overhaul if you need stock shocks/struts/maybe leafs
Old 09-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
4runner Troll

Let me see if it sells otherwise it might be worth the weekend of wrenching. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
4runner Troll

Bump!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
4runner Troll

Bump, price is negotiable.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #19
Q Source is on a distinguished road
Q Source's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for a local SC truck.

I want the LCA and fenders.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #20
The consensus seems to be to part it out and go to stock! Let me know if you need those suspension components! And gimme that bumperrrr