Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: Tacoma Double Cab 01-04 in Hudson Valley NY

Old 09-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Codemonkey3 is on a distinguished road

Codemonkey3's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Tacoma Double Cab 01-04 in Hudson Valley NY

Title says it all. I'm looking for Toyota Tacoma's in southern New York in the Hudson Valley area. Wurtsboro, Middletown, New Windsor, Newburgh etc.

My preferred ride is a 2001-2004 Toyota Tacoma in Silver with an Automatic Transmission in 4WD. I can settle for other colors, but the other two points are pretty firm. I want a double cab but I can settle with extra cab models.

If it's a 01-03 Taco I'd like for the frame rust to be minimal or the frame be coated or entirely replaced under the warranty. 04's minimal frame rust preferred.

I inherited my 01 Tacoma from my Father with a broken transmission, voided warranty and serious frame rust. Within the last year the frame snapped so severely that it cannot be salvaged and due to the transmission being the way it is, it's not worth paying to replace.

I figure I'd throw this post up and hope that someone listing one in my area will see it and throw me an email at cevb130@yahoo.com or send me a PM on the forums.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
If you can live with a 2wd Prerunner, I'm selling my 2004 Double Cab Silver... And I'm willing to meet...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...auto-140k.html
Old 09-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
^^^ I dont mean to blow up his spot but don't do a 2wd in that area. And I am on the fence about selling my truck but it's a 2005.....

I live in the mountains with a 2wd...
Old 09-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #6

Probably not as much as he does
Old 09-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #8

But just think how awesome it would look in his driveway...
Old 09-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #9

Yeah, your truck is literally my dream truck until I saw it was a 4x2. I can't really do that here, I suppose I could make do but I've driven to work in some pretty bad snowstorms in my old Taco and I have no idea how anyone with 2wd manages to get by. I also have to take care of my elderly grandmother, I had to move in with her recently so I take her to all her doctors appointments and rushed her to the hospital a few times so with winter coming I want to be sure I can get to where I have to go in a hurry without getting stuck.

I probably should have also mentioned I have a budget of about $10,000 at the moment and that's pushing it. I have 5k in savings, 3k my Dad will loan me and maybe 2k from my Sister and Mother but that's asking a lot already. I just started a new job and I'm still saving since an 01-04 Taco is my dream vehicle. Just gonna keep hanging in there and saving and hope something comes down the line soon enough.

Alot of bad things kinda happened to me at once. Kinda of sucks because the condition of my previous Taco wasn't my fault. I inherited my previous 01 Tacoma in 2010 from my Father, but he had really beat the shit out of it. Back when he bought it in 02 he would put the thing on 4wd and drive to work and back on the highway everyday. Needless to say, the transmission died from him doing that, he had it entirely replaced but it was never the same so by the time I got it, it was on it's last leg because I have no idea what other torture he put it through. He had not gone to get the frame inspected, never answered a recall so the frame was severely rotted when I got it and the warranty void. I never got the warranty notices in the mail anyway, he was still getting them but never mentioned it to me, not sure Toyota could have done much for me anyway with a voided warranty. I didn't really know about the frame issues until it finally snapped like six months ago. No warranty and limited funds means I've been looking for a new Taco ever since.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
shift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to behold
shift96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
I live in the mountains with a 2wd...
And you're selling it...
Old 09-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift96 View Post
And you're selling it...
Only to get a V-6, I don't care if I have 4wd or not...
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #12

Bump.

Savings are now up to 6k so that's progress I guess. Still working on it.