Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB OEM CVs

Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
WTB OEM CVs

Looking to buy a set of OEM CV shafts. Let me know what ya got and how much you want!

Thanks
Old 10-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
btt
Old 10-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get OEM if you plan on lifting your truck. I recently put new CV axles in my truck because the boots on the OEMs ripped. So I got aftermarket axles with neoprene boots. They will last longer. Google and you will eventually find them.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #4

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
The boots might but the axles won't, too many stories of broken aftermarket CVs. My fins aren't even touching just old so they finally split. I plan on getting a set of the high clearance, or whatever they're called, boots to install before replacing.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
The boots might but the axles won't, too many stories of broken aftermarket CVs. My fins aren't even touching just old so they finally split. I plan on getting a set of the high clearance, or whatever they're called, boots to install before replacing.
Oh, okay. Well I can still recommend neoprene boots But if you don't lift your truck, you can stick with OEM.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #6

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I'll look into the neoprene for the first gen, thanks. I'ts lifted already but only about 1.5 in
Old 10-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
I'll look into the neoprene for the first gen, thanks. I'ts lifted already but only about 1.5 in
That's not bad. The angle shouldn't be much difference from stock. They should be fine. I'm about 3" of lift in the front on my truck so mine are pretty angled.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Just go to your local auto parts store and buy the refabbed oems with lifetime replacements, thats what I did
Old 10-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #9

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
That's not bad. The angle shouldn't be much difference from stock. They should be fine. I'm about 3" of lift in the front on my truck so mine are pretty angled.
The ribs on mine aren't even touching but I figure if I'm already swapping them I might as well put better boots on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellassaiw10 View Post
Just go to your local auto parts store and buy the refabbed oems with lifetime replacements, thats what I did
From what I've been reading online they aren't all OEM.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
This is good too. Cheaper and just as good as new.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Who cares if theyre good... you get free replacements lol
Old 10-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #12
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
I meant the idea, but that too. lol
Old 10-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #13

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For one they have shity boots, it's no fun doing trail repairs, it happens but I try to minimize it, not to mention from what i've seen aftermarket ones tend to break at the splines which isn't easy to remove. Also I don't want to have to pay the core charge on both cause my old ones will be spares, and they stop honoring the replacements after a few times.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #14
Formally afroman5015

Ive broken 2 OEM ones and 1 aftermarket, if you break boots that often youve got other problems... GL finding anyone willing to sell OEM ones though
Old 10-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #15

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not worried about breaking boots
Old 10-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #16
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I've been through probably 7 cv axles (front ARB locker eats them). Broke my OEM's and replaced with advanced auto cv's. Who care's if they break. 30 min job, free replacement is the tits. Especially when you know it's bound to happen. You gotta pay to plan man. If you're just rolling in cash and want to replace with OEM's every time go for it.

FWIW, I've never had a cv brake at the shaft inside the diff. They always bust the cage or snap in the center shaft somewhere.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #17

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I thinki made my position clear, i didn't come here for advice.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #18

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
ttt
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Have you looked at the cvj remanufactured oem ones? That's what I'm planning on getting to replace my current ones.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #20

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Have you looked at the cvj remanufactured oem ones? That's what I'm planning on getting to replace my current ones.
Yeah thats an option but I want to keep my current ones as spares so I would end up paying I think around $200 per. For that I would just rebuild my current ones and get a napa one for a spare. What I want is a spare set so I can rebuild them when I have time.