Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

WTB: want new coils!

Old 10-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: want new coils!

I still have the stock coils on right now and im gonna be putting 5100s on the middle setting to level it out. so new(er) coils couldn't hurt, right?
Old 10-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
why don't you just get Eibachs or OME? the coilover has to be disassembled anyway, might as well get something better than preloading. just a thought.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

ive heard the eibachs actually lift the truck around 3" and that's not my plan. I just want to level out. ive heard mixed reviews about the OMEs. ive found a guy willing to sell his lightly used 880s to me but I don't know if that will level it out with the billys set at 0.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think you'll see 1 or 1.5" of lift with those set at 0. I had 881's set at 0 and got 2.25"
Old 10-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Cajun Yota
Beaureguardbull is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Beaureguardbull's Tacoma Gallery
I have 880s on my 98 Xtra Cab 4x4.It's close to being level, but not exactly level. I've heard OMEs and Billies don't go together that well... Eibachs and Billies are a better match. OME makes Nitrocharger Shock that are said to be phenomenal. That's what I plan on buying along with some 882s whenever my Monroe's crap out. Just my .2 cents. I've also heard OMEs are a better ride on the road than Billies, which I love the way my 880s ride.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaureguardbull View Post
I have 880s on my 98 Xtra Cab 4x4.It's close to being level, but not exactly level. I've heard OMEs and Billies don't go together that well... Eibachs and Billies are a better match. OME makes Nitrocharger Shock that are said to be phenomenal. That's what I plan on buying along with some 882s whenever my Monroe's crap out. Just my .2 cents. I've also heard OMEs are a better ride on the road than Billies, which I love the way my 880s ride.
See I heard the same about the coils and billies not being a good match. I would get the nitrochargers but I've already got the bilsteins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
I have trd coils off an 02 double cab with 20k on them if you want them. I got them, then realized I wanted eibachs for lift.
How much?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebrooks14 View Post
See I heard the same about the coils and billies not being a good match. I would get the nitrochargers but I've already got the bilsteins.
they're a stiff combo IMO. valving and spring rates are all wonky between OME coils and Bilstein shocks. I was just throwing it out there.

go full 3 inches and don't look back!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
go look at rockauto they have some good prices on new springs