1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chicago-1996 ext cab 4x4 59,000 miles. wrecked. for sale

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by bbatka, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Oct 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    bbatka

bbatka [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brad
    chicago
    Vehicle:
    96 taco 4x4
    Amsoil in both differentials and transfer case..... 1.3mpg gain. Amsoil signature oil and I'm getting 2 mpg over stock.
    OK I was just informed by State Farm that my Tacoma is being totalled out. It's a forest green 1996 Tacoma, extended cab, 4x4, 3.4v6. I just bought the tires 2000 miles ago. Damn. The truck just turned 59,000 miles this week. And I got t-boned at an intersection last Tuesday. Damn. I really liked that truck. The insurance co is giving me til Wednesday to figure out if I want the truck for salvage. They say its still worth $3,000 salvaged. So I am willing to buy it back and sell it to you for $3200.

The good stuff on the truck: It was hit in the front passenger corner only. The rest of the truck is great. It has a tool box, bed liner. It only has 59,000 miles. Really, it was used as a construction yard truck, so there is no rust on it. Some nicks and dings, but no rust. It has the 15" wheels, with 265/75/15 tires, only 2,000 miles old. The timing belt was changed at 57k too. I had the gear lube changed in the differentials and transfer case to Amsoil synthetic 75/90 long life. I was getting 21-22mpg doing 65 mph, with the 3.4 v6.

I am not looking to part it out, its an all-or-nothing offer here. I injured my shoulder in the accident, so I am not going to be tearing it apart any time soon. I have no way of towing it either, so that will be on you. If you're close, or have the means to come and get this, let me know ASAP.... These are the only pics I have... The closeup of the tire shows how little chunks were eaten out by the bumper rubbing against the tire. This is the worst tire on the truck. Any other questions please cal. Brad

tacoma2.jpg
    tacoma1.jpg
    tacoma3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  2. Oct 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    bbatka

bbatka [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brad
    chicago
    Vehicle:
    96 taco 4x4
    Amsoil in both differentials and transfer case..... 1.3mpg gain. Amsoil signature oil and I'm getting 2 mpg over stock.
    gone.

Products Discussed in

To Top