Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

Tundra 231MM Brake Upgrade

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Dous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
Dous's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra 231MM Brake Upgrade

Up for grabs is a Tundra brake upgrade, the 231mm calipers.

This is the Power Stop kit you can see here:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Stop-K29.../dp/B005FKE5OW

The rotors and pads have around 8k miles, as you can see in the pics, the pads have plenty of life. The rotors also showed no signs of warpage, I don't think the 4runner is capable of warping them!

One of the calipers has around 8k miles as well, it was a reman from Advanced Auto, and was unpainted, as you can tell by the mild surface rust.

Just before my SAS one of the calipers seized and I had it warrantied by Advanced, it is a painted one (La-De-Da) And has maybe 500 miles on it.

This is everything you need to complete the swap and have awesome braking power! It truly is amazing

I am asking $285 shipped CONUS, if you are really close to NC I can bring the price down a bit due to the cheaper shipping rate.

I will also run the rotors through our parts washer at work before I ship them.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
great upgrade here. the 231mm calipers are the way to go! GLWS!
Old 12-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Dous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shedDous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dous's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks David, yea it is truly a great upgrade...made my 4runner so much better to drive
Old 12-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I had 16s Id come by and scoop them up
Old 12-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #5

Dous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellassaiw10 View Post
Wish I had 16s Id come by and scoop them up
A little grinding and I think they could fit!!
Old 12-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
abunch is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
abunch's Tacoma Gallery
this mod made a huge difference in stopping power for me.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dous View Post
A little grinding and I think they could fit!!
With a little free deal you could find out
Old 12-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I didn't just buy new rotors and pads. Might need to try and sell them and pick these up.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #10

Dous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootter14 View Post
Does it take any additional fabbing to get them to fit, or can anyone go get the calipers, rotors and pads off a wrecked tundra or something and slap them on a tacoma?
You just need to grind the dust shield to fit the larger caliper, which might take 5 minutes a side. And you need to have 16" wheels to clear the calipers as well
Old 12-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i had to futz with the brake lines in addition to the dust shields. the wheeler's offroad stainless brake line kit bolts right up to the tacoma AND/OR tundra calipers though.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #12

Dous's Tacoma Gallery
Still FS!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
RobertO is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
RobertO's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 12-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #15
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Do not think about it... Just do it! The difference is describable in words. You will wonder why you didn't die with the old brakes.

Here is my right up, when I did mine, hope it helps someone decide that they CAN and SHOULD buy these. http://stouffer.me/M3/tacoma-big-bra...tundra-brakes/

GLWS
Old 12-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #16

Dous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
Do not think about it... Just do it! The difference is describable in words. You will wonder why you didn't die with the old brakes.

Here is my right up, when I did mine, hope it helps someone decide that they CAN and SHOULD buy these. http://stouffer.me/M3/tacoma-big-bra...tundra-brakes/

GLWS
Thanks Chip!
Old 12-18-2013, 04:37 AM   #17
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Sold, I'll take them
Old 12-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #18

Dous's Tacoma Gallery
Sold, thanks!
Old 05-26-2014, 05:45 AM   #19
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Finally installed these
Old 05-27-2014, 06:02 AM   #20

Dous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Finally installed these
Nice! Are you happy with the performance?

Products Discussed in this Thread