Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > 1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace

Notices

FS/ Texas: 95-04 Tacoma Manual hub front diff w/ 5.29's and LockRight

Old 01-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
FS/ TX:UPDATE 95-04 Tacoma Manual hub front diff w/ 5.29's and W/ OR W/O LockRight

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

(not joking)
------------------

Price drop!!
Please see post 5 for update.
Trying to collect funds and get the ball rolling further for my SAS.

Up for sale is the front diff from my 99 Tacoma. It was professionally re-geared by ECGS in March of 2010 and is still under their 5 year warranty. I am not 100% sure that the warranty is transferable, but I can assure you that if I haven't been able to break this diff over the past 4 years, you'll have a hard time breaking it. The lock-right was installed by them at the same time. This differential has "100K miles" on it. Being a manual hub diff, the actual miles are extremely lower than that number. I obviously don't know exactly how many miles it has because I don't track my mileage while off-road, but I'd guess between 1,000 and 2,000 (yeah, I get around ). The diff has always had mobil 1 synthetic gear oil in it and the oil looked great when I drained it today. Needs a new drivers side oil seal, passenger side is good and only 1 year old.
This diff was $885 brand new (CLICK).
All mounting hardware included.

I have to proclaim that the lock-right stopped unlocking sometime about a year ago. Not sure why but the diff works great besides that. I have a new spring and pin kit for the lock-right that will go with it. I will pull the diff apart tomorrow and see if I can see any issue with it.

Included with the diff will be 2 new (or re-manned) axles from VatoZone. Were ~$60 each new.

Pics:

Here's a screenshot of the email invoice I received from ECGS back on 03-08-2010.

PRICE: $650 Takes it all.
Located in Austin, Texas. I can deliver to San Antonio on my schedule. I go down there ever other week or so to visit family.

These items can be shipped but I would very much prefer a local sale. Local sales will take president over non-local sale. If shipped, buyer is responsible for all shipping costs (wild guess, cost would be around $100-$130.)

Please call/ text/ PM or email me. Whatever works best for you.
Stephenfrisbie14@gmail.com
210-56zero-5435.

Thanks, Stephen.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Took apart the diff today to inspect the locker for failure. Now I know why it wasn't unlocking. No issue with the locker itself, but the pins are sheared. I'm including 2 spring and pin kits with this front diff.

Otherwise, the rest of the diff looks great. Bearings are tight and there are no teeth missing or chipped.

TAC529IFS

It's even torn apart ready for you to replace the pins...

Old 01-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
BUMP

I love your build thread on ttora! Badass'd singlecab you have created.

GLWS!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #4

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate that. I'm ready to take it to the next level, though!

Skid plate is sold, price drop, check OP.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #5

The gears are being replaced, under warranty, by ECGS.
If you look at the teeth above TAC and IFS on the ring gear 2 posts above, you'll see the hairline cracks on the teeth.

The diff will be like brand new once it gets back to me. New R&P, new pins in the lockright, etc.

Apparently I'm the first person to break one of the ECGS 7.5R tacoma diffs.

If you want this diff but without the lockright, now is the time to let me know. I can have ECGS pull it out when they work on this thing.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #6

Bump
Old 01-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #7

Bump. Help me reach the goal of my 5 year plan.
I know someone wants a brand new diff!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #8

Buy my diff!
Old 01-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #9

Diff is on it's way back from ECGS right now. Brand new gears, bearings, and lockright pins/ springs. Practically a brand new diff. $1,000 worth of merch for $750.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #10

Look what showed up yesterday! Now get it out of my garage.
Ready to be shipped! Don't be afraid of the lockright. A twin stick on the transfercase will allow 2 low operation and reduce binding on the trail between obstacles.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #11

Bump. Someone has got to be wanting to put 35's on their junk!
Old 01-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
I wish this thing was 4.88!
5.29's > 4.88's.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #14
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
5.29's > 4.88's.
Not for 33s
Old 01-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #15

I ran 33's on 5.29's for about 10 months.
The highway revs are slightly high but didn't kill has mileage as much as you'd think.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #16

Gonna bump this every day until it sells.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #17
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
I ran 33's on 5.29's for about 10 months.
The highway revs are slightly high but didn't kill has mileage as much as you'd think.
Yeah, a lot of people worry about the RPMs when they shouldn't. It has more to do with fuel flow rate. I suppose you could use a scangauge or ultragauge, but I used the android torque app to find that sweet spot between the RPMs and flow rate. Made a big difference in MPGs

Oh yeah. Bump.

NOW START CUTTING, SCUBA
Old 01-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Yeah, a lot of people worry about the RPMs when they shouldn't. It has more to do with fuel flow rate. I suppose you could use a scangauge or ultragauge, but I used the android torque app to find that sweet spot between the RPMs and flow rate. Made a big difference in MPGs

Oh yeah. Bump.

NOW START CUTTING, SCUBA
Yep, the old myth of "more rpm's = more fuel" is still going strong.
It's more about throttle position and engine load.
Going up a hill? Is the throttle position at more than 20-30% and the truck is still slowing down? You're getting less MPG than I am with my RPM's higher and less throttle position/ engine load.

Still need about $2g's worth of parts. Can't cut yet.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #19
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
That's a good deal. Wish it was 4.56!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #20

Bump Katy Perry through your subwoofer. It's good for the soul.