1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec 3" spacer lift

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by t4r4life, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Aug 12, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    t4r4life

t4r4life [OP] poptard and protein farts

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    110 shipped 100 pick up 800 miles on them its not rust on there its dirt
    [​IMG]

2. Aug 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    t4r4life

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    Bump Price drop 110 shipped

3. Aug 23, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    dubstar2003

dubstar2003 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    Projector Headlights Westin Bullguard Westin Nurf Bars Custom Hood Lifts Black'd Out Badges Alpine Headunit w/Ipod Satoshi Grille 6000K HID'S BILSTIEN 5100'S UP FRONT
  4. Aug 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    t4r4life

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    pm replied

5. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    Mark Washington

Mark Washington Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    96 Black 4x4 Tacoma V6
    Toytech front coil springs Rancho tundra 9000XL Total caos upper control arms diff drop longger red steel lines rear disc conversion Pro-Comp rear add a leaf 2'' and around 2" shackle energy suspention bushings 3" body lift. Safari snorkal,Magnaflow 2.5'' catback with highflow cat,TRD supercharger with URD 7th injector kit. NGK NGK wires Oem and Denso waterpump pullys Timing belt EBC yellow front pads EBC rotors Motul fluid. Class C Tow hitch and drop hitch sliding rear window 6x9 kickers with pioneer deck 1000watt amp 10" sub B&M shift knob URD short shifterGT Grant steering wheel occ floor Mat cammo seat cover.
    How much of a diff drop did you do? I have 2.5'' spacers but I just installed an ARB bumper and winch so the 22'' tires are rubbing more now. So thats why im looking @ this.

6. Aug 24, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    t4r4life

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    i have a 1 inch diff drop, after i added my arb the 33 were rubbing like crazy so thats why i had to get rid of them, they are sold btw

7. Aug 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM
    Mark Washington

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    96 Black 4x4 Tacoma V6
    Toytech front coil springs Rancho tundra 9000XL Total caos upper control arms diff drop longger red steel lines rear disc conversion Pro-Comp rear add a leaf 2'' and around 2" shackle energy suspention bushings 3" body lift. Safari snorkal,Magnaflow 2.5'' catback with highflow cat,TRD supercharger with URD 7th injector kit. NGK NGK wires Oem and Denso waterpump pullys Timing belt EBC yellow front pads EBC rotors Motul fluid. Class C Tow hitch and drop hitch sliding rear window 6x9 kickers with pioneer deck 1000watt amp 10" sub B&M shift knob URD short shifterGT Grant steering wheel occ floor Mat cammo seat cover.
    So what are you doing to fix it? Im going dual cases with stock R&P and keeping 33'' tires also looking for a TRD supercharger. I am about to just swap for a Dana 44 with the Trail Gear kit but DFont have time to tear my daily down for the swap now. I have another car to drive but the project will still take a while since Ive never done the Solid axle swap on a Taco yet. Im pretty shure about what I need but there has to be a way to keep the ISF for now without going TC front end,lift spindles,stupid fab-tech ect,ect so what did you end up going with? I wish I did more research before I went and got the lift and shocks I have but right after buying the lift and ordering shocks I knew I had limited my setup, so I went with it and worked on other projects. Well my 33'' tires took out the stock bumper on Cow mountain on a very awsome trail. I dont like it super tall though since I will roll for shure. I like to get sideways and hit angles slow of @ speed. Its awsome now till I have to steer, tghen I feel bad for my tires. Thanks !!

8. Aug 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM
    t4r4life

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota 4runner
    panty dropping mod
    right now i have bilistein 5100s with eibach 650lb coils and with an ARB sitting up front its almost level still a little rake but not too bad at all. i would deff do the SAS, that way you dont have to worry about CVs, steering bushings and all that crap, D44 is good for slow crawls, but if you bounce them they will snap an axle, but im sure they are stronger than any toyota axles, supercharger is easy to install for our engines hard part is tuning it with a aftermarket computer, but it can be done with instructions, i have some friend who run the URD kit with 7th injection kit and they seem pretty happy with it.
    here is my truck as you can see the back is higher about 1 inch so i got 4 inches of lift in the back and 3 inches in the front as of now. also let me know if you want a extra set of hand doing the sas im very interested as i will probably do my sas in the future.
    [​IMG]

9. Aug 24, 2011 at 11:56 PM
    Mark Washington

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    96 Black 4x4 Tacoma V6
    I'll let you know when I start tearing down.

Products Discussed in

To Top