Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen Tacoma Marketplace (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacoma-marketplace/)
-   -   Feeler: FS '02 Xtra cab up for adoption (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacoma-marketplace/269289-feeler-fs-02-xtra-cab-up-adoption.html)

Tacomanater 03-21-2013 07:57 AM

Feeler: FS '02 Xtra cab up for adoption

4 Attachment(s)
I think it is coming to that time when I am getting ready to buy a new truck. So, I am putting out this feeler to gauge interest in finding a good home ..... for someone to adopt my baby, and daily driver.

Here is the scoop. I have a book of just about all the records I have amassed on this truck. Quite a bit of work has been done, feels like I have jacked up the horn and put a new truck underneath.

I bought her in Vermont when I bought my house, (3/2006). She came to me from Alderman's in Vt, with 51K on the clock, and she was NOT CPO'd. There was a bit of paint work done to the right side xtra cab area, if you look close you can see where they taped off the "SR5". I haven't had any issues.

'02, SR5, xtra cab, v6 (203,xxx), 5 spd, 4wd, mica green, grey interior $10,800.00 obo.

I had been driving this truck as my daily driver since I bought it.

@175K, New Country Toyota, Clifton Park, determined the frame had a hole so in July/August two years ago, Toyota put a new frame under her, new brake lines and new leaf springs. While we were at it, I had new shocks (front and rear-Monroe sensamatics, IIRC) installed along with a new timing belt, new water pump, new coils, new plug wires and new plugs. At the same time while it was all in pieces, I added new JBA headers, 2 new aftermarket cats, new O2 senors, JBA exhaust with a single outlet chrome tip, and a K&N CAI. Toyota buttoned her all back up and off I went.....sounded great, ran like a new truck.

2 Xmas ago I put the leveling kit on (2.5") so no diff drop, etc., added the new ATX Teflon coated rims and Nitto 265's (lots of tread left) and a Timbren system for towing. The truck has a professionally installed 7 pin wiring harness connector and prodigy P2 brake controller, as I tow about 4/5 times per year to Watkins Glen, Le Circuit, Lime Rock Park and NJ MotorSports Park, (so far). The brake controller is installed where the ashtray would normally be.

My last additions were a Snoboard52 light bar (needs some touch up, this winter has been tough) and 2 sets of lights, (1) KC and (1) Hella fogs. All were wired w/switches, professionally installed. Finally, I added the camper shell and Thule system for the cargo rack, up top. I have keys for the camper shell that work the locks. She also has an ultra gauge.

Last week, she passed NY state safety inspection and I had new front rotors (Meyle premium) and new pads done. The rear drums are new and I will probably add new rear shoes, just because I want the lucky new owner to go away from this transaction with confidence. I will also have a new windshield put in, as it now has a small "*" on the shotgun side.

I don't think I am missing/forgetting anything, she has been running on synthetic oil for quite some time now, (changed about every 7500) and doesn't burn a drop, runs great. The outside has some scratches (hey, its an '02) and there is the typical rust on the bottom edges of the tailgate, oh yeah, new rear bumper a while ago, too. The tailgate has a slight bow to it from a 4 wheeler mishap. The interior is in decent shape, 2 small holes on driver's left lumbar area and the typical broken outside plastic piece on driver's side.

As you can see a lot of attention has been paid to keeping her clean, and super well maintained...I hope she has another 200K plus in her.

By way of simplified review, if I don't have to remove the ultragauge, the prodigy p2, the camper shell and cargo rack, and am asking $10,800.00 , obo, because so much has been replaced. I can snap more pix if someone is seriously interested. I have pix of the tear down at Toyota and can try to wash her up (yet again, damn snow, its Spring for christ's sake) and snap some iphone photos of whatever area someone might want to see.

Title is at the lock box at the bank and won't be an issue to obtain if we get to that point. I truly believe that someone is going to get a great truck, albeit with high mileage, but she has extremely well cared for.

Tacomanater 03-23-2013 05:02 AM

Bump for feedback? Open to recommendations..........

PcBuilder14 03-23-2013 05:38 AM

Great looking truck! Good luck with sale!

Tacomanater 03-24-2013 04:13 PM

bump

pyroskier 03-26-2013 09:22 PM

Talk to this guy:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...g-story-1.html

cKcs1 03-26-2013 09:26 PM

I would be interested in trading my double cab for yours. Check out my fs add and pm if interested. Thanks

IGO4LOW 03-26-2013 09:33 PM

Usually when you adopt something you don't pay for it. In that case ill take it! Lol jk. Glws

stumpjumper509 03-27-2013 12:37 AM

^ lol bet jolie didnt get her 20 asian kids for free

glws though. very nice truck

Tacomanater 03-27-2013 04:19 AM

Thankx for the heads-up, pyroskier, I shot him a pm. CKCS1, If I sell my baby, I plan on replacing her with a full size...thankx for the offer, but the DC is not what I am looking for right now. Bed is simply too short.
Thank for the positive comments guys,
BTW: She goes in Thursday for new rear brake shoes............

Tacomanater 03-28-2013 04:07 AM

Okay, no interest?????? Bump for price drop. ($10,800.00 obo) she gets new rear brake shoes, today........

Tacomanater 03-28-2013 04:37 PM

New rear brakes shoes done............

wow, no one is interested, this baby is simply bulletproof.....kinda surprised that no one he has even inquired..................

Tacomanater 03-30-2013 02:35 PM

Weekend Bump

Tacomanater 04-01-2013 03:59 AM

Okay, last price drop.....NOW $10,000.00 obo.......let's see if this generates some real interest?

pyroskier 04-02-2013 02:01 PM

Free bump

Tacomanater 04-02-2013 04:20 PM

Grazie, pyro!

Tacomanater 04-06-2013 06:13 AM

bump

mmcmahan2206 04-09-2013 03:00 PM

Great lookin' truck, man! I can't believe no one is jumping all over this! I bought my 00 for 12K back in 09, and you're only asking 10K now!!! Wish I coulda waited 4 years for this deal! :p Good luck with the sale, bud!

dapetik 04-09-2013 06:45 PM

GLWS, free bump. Why does your signature say "6 spd" ?

Tacomanater 04-10-2013 03:42 AM

Dapetik:
good catch, 6 speeds, 1 reverse plus 5 forward........ but I did correct the signature, thankx.
This weekend after I get her all cleaned up I will post a bunch of pix.

Tacomanater 04-13-2013 02:00 PM

new pix after thorough douche

5 Attachment(s)
update:
all cleaned up inside and out. Here are some additional pix. Hopefully, these will help generate some interest. I do have more if someone is really interested. Send me a pm and I can send more.