1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1996 Tacoma SR5 Ext. cab 3.4 V6, BAD MOTOR

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacomas For Sale (1995-2004)' started by Bulldog1969, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Oct 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM
    Bulldog1969

Bulldog1969 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bulldog
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Trailgear front bumper
    PRICE CHANGED. TRADE FOR RUNNING CHEVROLET 4X4 EXTENDED CAB
    1996 Toyota Tacoma SR5 - 3.4 V6. This truck has a 3.4 V6 motor and automatictransmission.This truck has just brokendown and I have found a hole in the side of the lower crank case.From the entire time I owned this truck ithas not used any oil.There was a leakygasket somewhere but not terrible bad.No oil every hit my driveway.TheA/C blows cold under 40 degrees and the heat it good as well.The truck has about 190,000 on it.I have recently put the new tires, ARB frontbumper, height adjustment shocks on front for a lift, a left wheel bearing, newNGK plugs, Toyota coils and wires, new alternator, K&N drop in air filter,new hoses and radiator, new fluids all the way threw it (front diff & rear& transmission), oil is changed every 3000 miles.This truck has done me well and is great inthe ice and snow.The 4X4 andtransmission are great.It has a fewcosmetic issues such as a torn seat cover, torn drivers side door armrest.I will sell this vehicle as is unless I finda motor for it soon.I don't want tosell it but I know this truck is a little small for my needs. have already been receiving offers.Please don’t be offended.I’mlooking for the best deal for me. Noscams, no shipping, no financing, trades welcome near Wichita Falls Texas only.Interested in Chevrolet 4X4 and Jeeps ofequal value.Call or text at reasonablehours to Jody @ 940-357-1622.

driver L.jpg
    pass.jpg
    motor1.jpg
    driver seat.jpg
    driver seat2.jpg
    AC.jpg
    stereo.jpg
    int driver.jpg
    seat tear.jpg
    back seat.jpg
    motor.jpg
    motor2.jpg